New to Moment Question

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Hello I have been a long time Blackberry user and have been over at Crackberry.com for many moons, but not that many posts over there. LOL

I am thinking strongly of making the change to the Moment, as one of my friends have the phone and I have fallen in love with it.

One question that I need to know before I jump over to the greener grass is on my blackberry there is an app called pdanet that allows me to by pass Sprint's no phone as a modem policy and use my blackberry as a modem on the laptop so I do not have to get an aircard through them. I need to know does the Moment have any such app or anything that I can keep doing this to allow me to use the internet on my laptop when working without having to get an aircard.

Thanks in advance for your help on this issue, and I sure hope there is a such thing out there.

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Wow never mind it helps if i read pdanet's website as they do support the Moment phone. LOL

Unless anyone else out there is using a better app or knows of a better app.

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey welcome to the forums!

And yes, the Moment does support wifi tethering on the stock Android 1.5, however it is not yet available on the 2.1 leak.

You can use a "wired" tether with the 2.1 leak, however.

Hope this helps!

chibucks

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
azilink works well with 1.5 (i believe it probably works with 2.1 too) and allows you to connect to https sites (you need the 'paid' version of pdanet). anyways, just another option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty