Samsung Moment Problem after 2.1 Install

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
well my phone is still going good with no problems. ever since i stopped killing voice search i have not had any problems.

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
I read something on SDK Developers...

The problem appears to be between the WiFi and the CDMA, so it is advised that we handle it this way...

1) Turn off WiFi and reboot the phone
2) Leave WiFi off....

If you have to use WiFi, then turn it off and reboot the phone...I started my day off this way today, used the GPS, downloaded updates, downloaded RSS feeds....no data locks.

Maybe there is something to this. Before it did not take 5 minutes to lock up...

cybrbeast

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. Only I have it on my Samsung Galaxy S which was just delivered :(
It also runs 2.1 and I also get "Download Unsuccessful" messages.

I managed to do a reset via privacy -> factory settings. This worked very temporarily. I managed to download one Application and then it went back to "Download Unsuccessful".

No I can't even reset to factory settings because I get this:

"No reset was performed because the System Clear service is not available."

Deutch

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering here because it's not clear if I'm having the same issue, but yesterday all of a sudden I cannot keep my browser open. I press to open it to my home page (Google), it starts up says acquiring position the closes by itself. Is this an issue anyone else is having? If so has anyone found out why. The only thing I can think I did before this yesterday was update my maps and join latitude. Could either of these cause that. I have since deleted all my apps except for Google Maps, Shazam, Yellowpages, Battery Time Lite and Zebra Paint (for my daughter lol, don't judge). Any help would b great

My wife's Moment (formerly my Moment) is doing the same thing. I don't remember the phone having this problem when I had it prior to the 2.1 update. My wife just told me this has been happening for a few weeks. Did you ever get this fixed?

The phone also dials the wrong contact. When selecting a contact and then selecting which number to call within the contact, the phone will dial a completely different contact. This has happened on numerous occasions. Anyone familiar with this bug? Maybe its time to make a visit to the Sprint store....

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
My friend's Moment is acting damn sluggishly slow and battery drains has increased after the upgrade to 2.1. Any solution for this type of problem?

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Just tonite my wife's Moment has been getting the "Download Unsuccessful" message after downloading from Market, and the native Browser crashes when it tries to load Google.com, as has been documented above. Quite annoying!

thubten2001

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Join the crash parade

My friend's Moment is acting damn sluggishly slow and battery drains has increased after the upgrade to 2.1. Any solution for this type of problem?

Get another phone.

The moment will not run apps from the market if you are sprint customer. It crashes from running apps market place. Market apps are incompatible with the sprint adapted android OS according to two sprint technicians. Kinda sucks doesn't it.

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, I've been searching this forum with the word 'slow' as the last few weeks my Moment has been so slow I can't stand it. I love the Android operating system but it is absolutely ridiculous how slow this phone is to do anything.

First, I only have aps from the market and most aps, with the exception of the google aps that I can now use with 2.1 (goggles, gesture, etc) nothing I didn't have before the upgrade. When I try and open my speed dial ap (Quickdial), it takes forever, and then takes forever before the call starts. God forbid I should have to dial 911. It's gotten to where I absolutely HATE the moment. A friend has the Droid and it screams it's so fast. I am ready to pay full retail just six months before my contract expires to get a new phone. I want the Epic but am afraid it's a Samsung issue so that only leaves me the Evo but don't want that. What is causing this problem? Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87