App Android do have capture download?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Do not connect your phone to your pc yet.

download this -> Download the Android SDK | Android Developers

Unzip the file you downloaded and place it in the root of your hard drive (probably C:/)

Download and install this -> https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHO...dk-5_08-jdk-6u17-oth-ml-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer

Restart your PC

Plug your phone in, but do not mount the SD card.

Open the the DDMS application from within the "tools" folder in the Android SDK's main folder.

After DDMS launches, select your handset from the menu on the left (it should be the only device listed). You might see an error message, but the debug tool should be loaded. Then, click CTRL-S on your keyboard. This will bring up the "Device Screen Capture" interface. From here, a static image is captured from what is appearing on your handset. You can save the image and then refresh to grab updated or different screenshots from your phone.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Im not quite sure what you mean. You do not have to have the SD card in your phone to do this. When I said do not mount your sd card, I meant not to open the notification bar and enable mass storage. Just plug it in and run the DDMS application

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
HI gbhil,
my samsung moment with google can works with DDMS application?

Do not connect your phone to your pc yet.

download this -> Download the Android SDK | Android Developers

Unzip the file you downloaded and place it in the root of your hard drive (probably C:/)

Download and install this -> https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP...-CDS_Developer

Restart your PC

Plug your phone in, but do not mount the SD card.

Open the the DDMS application from within the "tools" folder in the Android SDK's main folder.

After DDMS launches, select your handset from the menu on the left (it should be the only device listed). You might see an error message, but the debug tool should be loaded. Then, click CTRL-S on your keyboard. This will bring up the "Device Screen Capture" interface. From here, a static image is captured from what is appearing on your handset. You can save the image and then refresh to grab updated or different screenshots from your phone.

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi gbhil,
Okey, I'll try or little chick....

I found App Market have screenshot (download but pay $2.99 will be works with samsung moment or fail? u can go to check App Market have screenshot (download) what tell me good or no good?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Any app in the market will need you to have root status on your phone. I do not believe anyone has done that for the moment yet.

When someone gets the moment rooted, drocap2 works great and is free.

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
i did step by step from download for SDK unzip to download on my computer windows Vista then download for csd.sun then restart on PC then plug on my samsung moment but i see my computer did not show up USB hardware nope sad. what mean DDMS application is where PC or samsung ? pls help me clear step by step please thx

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
DDMS is in the android_sdk/tools directory. Look for the icon and run it. You should not get a notification that you have connected your phone, unless you pull down the notification bar and select copy files from computer. Do not do that.

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi gbil,
i did tried step by step. i grab handset connect to my samsung moment and open androikd_SDK and tool but where, i dont understand. you can give me more clear to step by step please thx

dannzeman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
1. Plug USB cable into computer, then into phone. Do not touch anything on the phone after you plug in the cable.
2. Go to the 'Tools' folder inside the android_skd folder. Double click on ddms.bat
ScreenHunter_04Nov110142.jpg

3. Next, you should see the following window pop up. Your device's serial number should show up in the top left corner under "Name".
ScreenHunter_05Nov110147.jpg

4. To take a screen shot go to Device>Screen Capture or hit Ctrl-S
ScreenHunter_06Nov110148.jpg

5. Click "Save" to save the image and "Refresh" to show whats currently on the device.

Good luck.
device.png

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi gbhil, i found other forum download driver and install is works, i go to download and install for android_sdk then restart and tools, open ddms but won't open grrr, i did before works open but today won't open why, pls help me... i want want want screenshot

Last edited:

one#AC

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the bump but I didn't want to create a new thread on the same subject.

So I downloaded SDK and Java SDK, extracted SDK and put it in C:/

But when I try to open the DDMS file, a black box opens for a split second and then disappears :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty