Moment screen won't lock when not in use

ewells1014

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been shutting off randomly and I need to take it in for a software upgrade, but I haven't had the time. Now the screen won't lock unless I remove the battery and restart the phone. When I push the bottom right button to darken the screen it's fine, but when I push it again to use the phone, the screen pops up and it's not locked--I can just use it without sliding the unlock button over. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, why is it doing this? Will the software upgrade fix this problem too?

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been shutting off randomly and I need to take it in for a software upgrade, but I haven't had the time. Now the screen won't lock unless I remove the battery and restart the phone. When I push the bottom right button to darken the screen it's fine, but when I push it again to use the phone, the screen pops up and it's not locked--I can just use it without sliding the unlock button over. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, why is it doing this? Will the software upgrade fix this problem too?

Did you get the software upgrade that was pushed to the Moment last week? That was an issue with it.

Sent from my Samsung Intercept using Tapatalk.

bigpapizoz

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site

I have had this same exact problem, but just for the last couple days. It worked fine after the update last week, but in the last couple days the screen would go off but wasn't locking so if the red button was hit when it was off, the screen would automatically come on without having to slide it, causing me to make pocket calls, take pics, etc. I was just messing around on the phone and i figured out how to fix it.... go to.. menu-settings-about phone-system updates-update firmware. I did this to update the firmware, it took about a minute, and now the screen lock is back. Good luck!

5tircrazy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had this same exact problem, but just for the last couple days. It worked fine after the update last week, but in the last couple days the screen would go off but wasn't locking so if the red button was hit when it was off, the screen would automatically come on without having to slide it, causing me to make pocket calls, take pics, etc. I was just messing around on the phone and i figured out how to fix it.... go to.. menu-settings-about phone-system updates-update firmware. I did this to update the firmware, it took about a minute, and now the screen lock is back. Good luck!

I was having the same problem and tried this out, so far so good, thanks for the tip.

Razorfish7

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Except when I checked for a firmware update, it said my phone was up to date. My firmware version says "2.1 - Update 1"

samurikuma

May 14, 2010
Visit site
yeah its gotta be the update. mine was fine but now it wont lock sometimes, getting alot of force close issues especially from calls, loses connection and locks after a few seconds randomly. cant wait for my year to be up to upgrade my phone to the epic. love my moment and it will stay in the family but the issues it picked up are annoying me now

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana