Moment Upgrade

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about the Moment being upgraded to Android 2.0 or even 1.6? I know my Hero will be getting an upgrade, but I'm wondering about my fiance's Moment.

jeremylobaugh

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
NP. Sometimes google can give you too much information.

I love my moment, The Hero is nice as well, but I have big fingers, and the on-screen keyboard is completely worthless to me.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
So I read the article and I'm glad to hear that. My question is, how do we update that? If I still had my BB Tour then I would be able to do it with my eyes closed but Android phones are extremely new to me. Would it be OTA?

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
No OTA and it is supposed to go straight to 2.1, since 2.0 was a Droid only OS, i believe.

It will either be done via PC, kinda like doing a BB upgrade, or at a Sprint Corporate store.

g.711

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Really ? I have friends that have the Hero and the Eris and in my opinion, they are both SLOOOOOOOOW compared to the Moment. The screens appear washed out too. Just my opinion.

Do you like Plasma or LED TVs. To me its the same concept they both look great but you ge a warmer view on the Plasma,

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
No OTA and it is supposed to go straight to 2.1, since 2.0 was a Droid only OS, i believe.

It will either be done via PC, kinda like doing a BB upgrade, or at a Sprint Corporate store.

I hope I can update through my computer like the BB.

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I hope I can update through my computer like the BB.

I've been curious about this too, since it takes a little bit more to get into the OS, or make OS changes in the Android devices. On the BB it was easy to take a newer, leaked OS and put in on the Device. My tour has had 5.0 on it since I picked it up from Best Buy. It took me 2 days to figure out how to just root the Android device.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Really ? I have friends that have the Hero and the Eris and in my opinion, they are both SLOOOOOOOOW compared to the Moment. The screens appear washed out too. Just my opinion.

Yes, really. Moment just feels to big and bulky, plus I can't stand the keyboard layout. She's happy with it (other than the battery life) and thats all that matters.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been curious about this too, since it takes a little bit more to get into the OS, or make OS changes in the Android devices. On the BB it was easy to take a newer, leaked OS and put in on the Device. My tour has had 5.0 on it since I picked it up from Best Buy. It took me 2 days to figure out how to just root the Android device.

I had the .419 OS Leak on my Tour too before I switched to the Moment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87