Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
If I get a card read error I just move it a little and it goes. Less than 3/8 of an inch usually does it. Center the camera over the read head in the machine.

This has been my experience as well. I used to move it around and found that to be problematic so I just hold it still over the reader.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
From your personal experience, does 'moving around the phone' works better than holding it? just curious.

It varies for me I usually find the right spot on first try bit like Scott said if I get card read I just move it like an inch or so and it works i have had times where I get card read error and kept it there and it went through. There are times when it does take awhile to read it tend to stay at the same spot for about 80% until the first wave goes through b4 moving it.

Posted via the Android Central App

ExpertGH

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I was Subway inside this Pilot station the other night, and my S6 Edge+ beeped as if the transaction went through, but on the register the cashier said they got an error on the screen, tried again an no dice. They ended up having to call their customer support line for help as they didn't know what error they were getting when I used SP. They were really cool about it and all, but I still do see two transactions in my chase account and in my SP app that I was charged twice for my meal. However, my payment never actually went through (or so they tell me). Ended up just paying in cash. In my Chase account the two transactions show up as pending, but haven't went through yet. Just hoping it doesn't, because I did pay in cash.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I did the gas pump trick at my local sheetz store. Went through OK but on my Samsung pay app it shows $0.00. But I check my statement and it has the correct amount.

anon(9811749)

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I stick an ID card or something that doesn't have a magnet stripe and then I get my phone ready. I pull out the card and quickly hold the phone up the the reader. That's about it.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
That's about it. Except I keep the camera centered on the magnetic stripe end of the reader with the card in the slot but not inserted all the way. There is a switch in the very back of the card reader that needs triggered to turn on the magnetic read head in the pump. With my phone in place I just push the card in enough to trip the switch then pull it out just enough to be off the switch. But I leave the card in the reader the whole time. I have a discount card for $.03 off per gallon. I swipe it for my discount then turn it upside down and trigger the switch.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Just used it at Port of Subs. I use Samsung Pay all the time and so often that I just put it up at register even if they say it won't work I just say are u ready? I look at it like this if u make a semi big deal about it that's when most people tend to not let you use it.

ExpertGH

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
It shouldn't go through itll be credited so no worries

Just looked at my bank account and it shows that both payments that I tried actually went through and no longer say pending. Is there someone I should contact to get my money back?

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Call your bank. That's the most effective way. But that is weird bc when that happen to me it credited back. The bank will look at the transaction and be able to see that the same amount was conducted at same time on same day which is really crazy.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Alot of people think that u have to wait on the cashier to hit credit or debit in order for samsung pay to work. This is not always true, I have been able to use it majority of the time b4 cashier has selected debit or credit, I used it at the beginning of a self checkout purchase b4 I even scanned all my items. The only place that the cashier has to select cc instead of debit or credit is when I venture at a restaurant. If u guys have situations where the cashier would tnot let u use it what I do is simply go ahead and do it b4 they realize it that's if the reader is on my side. If the reader is on their side don't make a big deal say are u ready for my card and then just hold the phone over it that's if it's within reach without invading their space. Also say this to them cmon I use this everywhere can I try. If they have the reader in front of them just tell them what to do (where and how to hold it) if it doesnt work for them say let me try it. I have not been denied here at all in Vegas. The most important thing is do not worry about if there is a line behind you bc it's not u that are holding them up its the cashier. I had a instance where the cashier freaked out and there was a line she called and employee and store Manger up front I didn't feel bad bc it was their fault peole were waiting. The transaction went through and I left. No one appeared mad. I use Samsung Pay 100% of the time from stores, cabs, restaurants, night clubs, bars. I am truly happy with using it.

romeobob2

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I thought this day may never come - I finally got Samsung Pay to work at a gas station pump using the famous "driver's license trick"! The place was a BJs Wholesale Club gas station that I had tried previously and had no joy. Today, I made a point of starting the transmission of the CC information before I stuck the driver's license into the card reader slot and pulled it back. Maybe that was the difference?? After seeing it work, I wanted to high-five the person pumping gas across from me, but found some restraint :). Samsung Pay rocks!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87