Samsung Stratosphere - Caching a Sent Email

jipp

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I can no longer send out emails since I have an email that I sent out about a week ago still caching in my phone. Once in a while, I will see it come up at the top and state it is trying to send again. How do I clear this out so my emails can start working again. Do I have to reinstall the email account again?

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
There's a series of things you can try. Have you tried going to the Outbox, deleting the cached e-mail from there, and then deleting it from the Trash?

Another possibility is to power down the phone, remove the battery for a minute or so, and restart. Honestly, I doubt that this would help, but it can't hurt to try.

The next move might be to clear the Email app's cache and restart again. I assume you're using the Email app that came with the phone. From the Home screen, do Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications, then the All tab. Scroll down to Email and tap it. On the next screen, select Clear cache (not data). Restart the phone and see if that got rid of the bad e-mail.

If that doesn't work, the next step is more drastic, because it will delete all the e-mails stored on the phone and also delete the e-mail accounts themselves from the phone. Go back into Manage applications, tap All, tap Email, and then select Clear data (not cache). If you depend on keeping e-mails stored on your phone, you'll need to find a way of backing them up first (unless they're all also still on the e-mail service provider's servers). Setting up your e-mail accounts again after the data-clearing should be pretty simple (I just had to do this to fix a somewhat different problem).

This last procedure would almost certainly fix the problem, but obviously at a cost. It will essentially mean starting from scratch with the e-mail accounts on your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress