transform a decent android for a n00b?

aimeeattitude

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello all! I'm a migrater from Crackberry who is looking to purchase an android phone in the next 2 weeks. While the Evo and Epic are very slick indeed, I don't really need all of the bells and whistles (and they're a wee bit out of my price range!). Reviews of the Transform kind of make it sound terrible, but I see some of you have nothing bad to say at all. So my question is, would this be a good mid-range android device for a first-timer, based on your experiences with it so far?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and opinions! :)

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's an OK device. Depends on how crazy you're wanting to get with it. It works great for my other half, but I can't use it for very long without being frustrated by the speed compared to my EVO. So, while I would really recommend an EVO or an Epic, the Transform is a good middle of the road phone. Just don't expect it to be the "Wow!! So this is why people are saying Android is better than Blackberry!" phone. Make sure you go try one out to see if the screen size, keyboard, and general feel are what you're really looking for.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello all! I'm a migrater from Crackberry who is looking to purchase an android phone in the next 2 weeks. While the Evo and Epic are very slick indeed, I don't really need all of the bells and whistles (and they're a wee bit out of my price range!). Reviews of the Transform kind of make it sound terrible...
You are not buying a $150 or $250 phone. Over the 2-year contract for this phone you will spend about $2,000. Life's short. Get the one you want.

Over the next two years...

? Will you want to take photos?
? Take HD video?
? Watch HD movies?
? Play games?
? Use it as your GPS?
? How many hours will you log with it?

Also, Sprint says that 4G is in 61 cites. But users have found 4G in 153 cities. Check this out to see if you really do have 4G: Sensorly. It maps the coverage that real users are getting.

In the end, get what feels right to you. Try them all. Get the one you like best. If within 30 days, you don't like it, return it and get something else.

I don't know of anyone who ever bought an EVO or Epic who wished that they had gotten a Transform.

aimeeattitude

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
In the end, I may just end up waiting until my recognized upgrade date (the 1st of december) and going thru best buy or radioshack to get the epic or evo for a better price than sprint with its pesky mail-in rebates. Yuck. I guess I'll just be patient!

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
In the end, I may just end up waiting until my recognized upgrade date (the 1st of december) and going thru best buy or radioshack to get the epic or evo for a better price than sprint with its pesky mail-in rebates. Yuck. I guess I'll just be patient!
They may move that date up for you if you call and ask nicely.

Also remember that the Black Friday weekend is November 26th-28th. That will be the absolute cheapest prices until after the holidays.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you're looking for. I think it's a good starter Android (it's my first Android device and it's not hard to get it to suit your style).

FYI though, Amazon is selling the EVO for 150 on their site I believe

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana