Insert Image function not working?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The "Insert image" function is not working? Every time I click to attach a picture the screen turns a ghost white and freezes.
*****On Firefox, if that matters.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
No I do not use Flash Block. Link icon works fine, so does the video icon. It is just the "insert image" icon that does not work. I am at my wits end, any help or ideas are appreciated! I have run a virus scan, malware scan and both come up clean.

******Update: So I posted photo's on "other" website forums using FF and IE8 and did not encounter this issue. I then decided to try IE back here on AC and it was even worse, other buttons did not function, so it leads me to the conclusion that AC is having some coding issues?

Last edited:

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi Ricky - should be good now. Sorry about that!

NO, the insert image function on the editor fails, in fact it's a MASSIVE $FAIL. Here's why:

The tool uses Flash. I tried attaching an image to a contest thread using the AC app, and it failed using multiple selection sources (Gallery, QuickPic, file manager). I tried using web browsers (Chrome for Android, FF Beta for Android, Lastpass browser), all failed. Even a URL to Dropbox failed using the "post by URL" option. "WTF," I thought....

I found out why when I finally sat down to a desktop. The insert image tool is Flash, with NO HTML alternative. :eek: So if you can't run Flash (Android 4.1, cough iPhone), you're screwed.

I'm off to the Settings to see if can change to a simple editor. But the irony of of not being able to enter a contest on a, ahem, Android enthusiast site, using an Android device, is kinda startling. Irony so thick you can slice it and spread it on toast.

Please put this high on the "to do" list for next forum upgrade -- offer non-Flash tools for simple forum post edit functions.

[Sent with love, because I care. And ... I'm a software tester. (hint, hint)]

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
NO, the insert image function on the editor fails, in fact it's a MASSIVE $FAIL. Here's why:

The tool uses Flash. I tried attaching an image to a contest thread using the AC app, and it failed using multiple selection sources (Gallery, QuickPic, file manager). I tried using web browsers (Chrome for Android, FF Beta for Android, Lastpass browser), all failed. Even a URL to Dropbox failed using the "post by URL" option. "WTF," I thought....

I found out why when I finally sat down to a desktop. The insert image tool is Flash, with NO HTML alternative. :eek: So if you can't run Flash (Android 4.1, cough iPhone), you're screwed.

I'm off to the Settings to see if can change to a simple editor. But the irony of of not being able to enter a contest on a, ahem, Android enthusiast site, using an Android device, is kinda startling.
Irony so thick you can slice it and spread it on toast.

Please put this high on the "to do" list for next forum upgrade -- offer non-Flash tools for simple forum post edit functions.

[Sent with love, because I care. And ... I'm a software tester. (hint, hint)]

I would agree with you that it's a FAIL if there wasn't a free AC Forum app. You can always use that to upload your pictures. Although I do agree that making the site work without flash would be a great improvement.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I would agree with you that it's a FAIL if there wasn't a free AC Forum app. You can always use that to upload your pictures. Although I do agree that making the site work without flash would be a great improvement.
Great idea, but ... ;)
... I tried attaching an image to a contest thread using the AC app, and it failed using multiple selection sources (Gallery, QuickPic, file manager). I tried using web browsers (Chrome for Android, FF Beta for Android, Lastpass browser), all failed. Even a URL to Dropbox failed using the "post by URL" option. "WTF," I thought.......

Beautiful, amigo. Turned that off as all my images are hosted via www. Will see if that works for an AC app reply. ;)

Last edited: