Androidcentral compromised?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I received an email ostensibly from Androidcentral telling me that my account has been hacked and my password crompromised. I want to verify that this email came from Androidcentral.

I did change my password but when I came in here my old password was recognized which seems to indicate that no password change took effect.

An immediate response is welcome so that I can take whatever action is necessary.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I received an email ostensibly from Androidcentral telling me that my account has been hacked and my password crompromised. I want to verify that this email came from Androidcentral.

I did change my password but when I came in here my old password was recognized which seems to indicate that no password change took effect.

An immediate response is welcome so that I can take whatever action is necessary.
I would change your password via the Android central site directly. Sounds like you got hit with some spam and not sure what link they sent but I wouldn't trust it.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just checked and you're right. It was Androidforums and I haven't visited that site in forever. Thanks for pointing that out and my apologies for posting in here. It did, at least, cause me to make a number of changes here and elsewhere that were overdue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699