Question for those how have Cyanogen Mod'd their N1

pnd4pnd

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had my n1 about two weeks and am very close to returning it today. I wanted to ask those who have modded their n1 if it dramatically improves things like pinch and zoom (which is really jumpy on my phone) and the general smoothness of the phone. what about the touchscreen - any better? occasionally mine goes haywire and i have to reset the phone. does this still happen? i like the n1 but in it's current state can't see keeping it because of the cost. what other improvements are noticeable? how about calendar syncing to exchange? can you do this with the mod?

thanks in advance....

eric

Last edited:

ksc6000#AC

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

I'm running Cyanogenmod 5.0.5.3, not the latest 5.0.6 (because I feel from reading the comments people are leaving on cyanogen's site that it has some problems).

I can answer your question related to smoothness, and yes, it definitely does improve the smoothness a lot. In all apps. Now I never had this haywire touchscreen thing ever, which people seem to be complaining about? What do you mean exactly? The only thing I've noticed is that when I'm even touching the screen slightly while not meaning to (all i'm meaning to do is hold the phone), and I press something on the screen which I am trying to, the screen registers it somewhere completely different. Basically the only touch screen issue I've ever had with the N1 is that I gotta make sure that while holding the phone, I'm not touching the screen even slightly, because even the edges are very sensitive.

Other improvements are wireless tether ability (AWESOME), use camera light as flashlight (with N1 Torch), Titanium backup (Backs up all your apps to your SD card, so if you wanna try out different ROMs you just have to get it to restore your apps, not have to download everything again), the ability the rotate the screen in any direction, not just portrait and left, customize the glow of the trackball for notifications (speed, color), make the browser force websites to load in their desktop versions...those are the improvements I can think of from the top of my head, but I'm sure there are more.

KCphotog

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
After trying Cyan 5.0.6 and then using Enomther's TheOfficial Nexus1 Rom things have improved. I was ready to return the phone but now like it. Its faster with more features. My battery life has increased by a large margin and the overall smoothness of the phone is much better. It is now how it should have been from the start. The audio boost and HTC keyboard make it much more pleasant to use day to day as well. The N1 has a terrible keyboard stock in my opinion.

Seems like with all the work the devs have done you can custom order the ROM that works for all your needs.

stalker

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If you have an N1 and if you don't want to install custom ROM then I would suggest you to wait for froyo (android 2.2) update. This is just my opinion. I am using a non-rooted N1. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member