Z1 Compact on T-Mobile LTE

Huitlacoche

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
OK, I went into the local T-Mo store and had them try out a sim card to see if I could get on the LTE network. No dice. All I got was 4G, no LTE. The girl behind the counter said this happens a lot when people bring in unlocked phones. Supposedly T-Mo runs their LTE network at 1700/2100 so the Z1c should have been able to get on. Therefore, I am wondering if anyone has had success and if so, did you have to configure some custom settings?

I am currently on ATT and can only get on the HSPA+ network because ATT runs their LTE network at 700 which the Z1c doesn't support :( I really want to use this phone on an LTE network.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I believe that since it's not a phone made for the US market that it doesn't show lte at the top of the phone. In the rest of the world, 4G is lte so they don't have to designate. You should be able to go into the status and look at the phone signal and it should say lte. My daughter is using it on t-mobile without a problem.

Huitlacoche

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
That may be. I will try another t-mo location with hopefully sharper techs. It has been more than a week, but I remember when checking the preferred network mode that LTE was not listed in the options.

jjfad

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
OK, I went into the local T-Mo store and had them try out a sim card to see if I could get on the LTE network. No dice. All I got was 4G, no LTE. The girl behind the counter said this happens a lot when people bring in unlocked phones. Supposedly T-Mo runs their LTE network at 1700/2100 so the Z1c should have been able to get on. Therefore, I am wondering if anyone has had success and if so, did you have to configure some custom settings?

I am currently on ATT and can only get on the HSPA+ network because ATT runs their LTE network at 700 which the Z1c doesn't support :( I really want to use this phone on an LTE network.

Do you have the international version or the one that Sony just announced in their U.S. store?
Unlocked Sony Xperia Z1 Compact sales begin in the U.S. | Android and Me

Oliver Reyno

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I didn't have any problems. When I first got my phone, I just put my T-Mobile SIM in it and it automatically downloaded all the settings and I had LTE. I am in Southern California. the APN should be fast.t-mobile.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress