Issue with transferring photos/videos to SD card

Joe-Warrior

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone could help..

I have a 64gb micro sd card in my phone which I haven't properly used in the phone itself - but today I got a warning saying my phones internal storage was 75% full and if I would like to transfer things to my SD card to which I agreed. However, I have done this and now I can no longer open any of my photos or videos on my phone, I have a File Manager on my phone which I can access the files and have tried copying & pasting the files back onto the internal storage to no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions or would i believe my SD card is corrupt and I have permanently lost all my photos/videos

Thanks

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone could help..

I have a 64gb micro sd card in my phone which I haven't properly used in the phone itself - but today I got a warning saying my phones internal storage was 75% full and if I would like to transfer things to my SD card to which I agreed. However, I have done this and now I can no longer open any of my photos or videos on my phone, I have a File Manager on my phone which I can access the files and have tried copying & pasting the files back onto the internal storage to no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions or would i believe my SD card is corrupt and I have permanently lost all my photos/videos

Thanks

Hi, the same thing happened to my wife's Samsung S4 with a 16gb micro sd card.. She was filled up on phone memory, and the sd card memory. Tried to copy the pictures and vids off the sd card to the pc, but it wouldn't copy, got the corrupt message... After trying almost everything under the sun, on the verge of telling my wife, the pictures are unrecoverable, and I will have to format the sd card.. I said to myself, let me try this. An old DOS trick I used on hard drives when they were corrupt..

I had her S4 connected to a PC via the usb cable. The phone sd card was drive :I to the PC.. I went to run on the pc, type in "cmd", got a DOS prompt, and from the DOS
prompt I typed "chkdsk I:". the PC buzzed for a bit like it was doing something for about 10 of 15 seconds. After that, I COULD ACCESS THE DRIVE AND GET THE PICTURES.. I copied all the pics and vids off the sd card, then formated the sd card in the phone. Needless to say, my otherwise mean wife was happy.. :D

Let me know if this helps..

Luck to you,

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
1 - Try to shutdown your phone and re-boot it.

2 - Give it time. Use a file manager which gives you a notification of transfer and job completion percentage, such as ES File explorer.

3 - When you transfer files, do it one directory at a time. If something fails, it will be much easier to ascertain the damage, if any, and recuperate to whatever is the best possible situation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non