Does the Z2 support AT&T LTE?

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
That's really my only concern. Otherwise, I'd love to have this phone and I think that it's blown all of the competition out of the water.

Posted via my amazing HTC M8 in the world's worst dummy case

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I looked at this too and it seems that the Z2 specs say a) it works on GSM and b) it operates on the channels that AT&T use for their LTE (4 & 17 among others). So I think it should work.

Anyone else?

To me the question is actually getting one. If AT&T decided not to have a branded version as it very well may, how do we get one here in the U.S. that will work on AT&T?

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can buy directly from Sony or from supported sellers on eBay and Amazon. If this has AT&T LTE (which it seems to), there's a huge chance it will be my next phone.

Posted via my amazing HTC M8 in the world's worst dummy case

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll be going into the Sony store as soon as it's released and will ask them these same questions. I'd buy the phone off contact if need be to own this phone on att as this is about the slickest phone seemingly coming out this year.

Posted via Android Central App

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have one concern that I noticed yesterday about the phone itself. This only applies to those that plan to use the video feature. If you search for XPeria Z2 videos shot at MWC, you'll find a few. All of them have the absolute worst audio in the uploaded videos I've ever heard from a camera phone.

I refuse to believe that Sony actually is aware of this as opposed to some issue with the sample that was at MWC. It's also possible that the mike was inadvertently being covered up as the person was shooting. However there apparently were a few people who shot with the phone and uploaded samples to YouTube. They all had this horrible audio from the mike.

I have to believe the production model won't have this flaw.

Last edited:

Dregur

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I think he meant MWC. But I heard the same thing on the videos. The sound was very tinny. But I am unsure if it was due to the camera being used to record the video on the screen, or something else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non