5 Reasons To Buy The Z2.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well Only a couple of weeks to go and i should have my Z2.

I'm looking forward as its a new Brand & its the phone that has really got my attention. I have come to realise that gimmicks like finger print and heart rate are exactly that. The Z2 is more my style and i have thus far overlooked the Sony Brand in terms of Smartphone.

The Z2 is in my opinion media focused with the Noise Cancellation, the screen improvements, 4k recording, Great camera, great screen, front facing speakers. The build is great, the specs are great.

Just cant wait to try it out and compare it to previous phones i have had & ones i have now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1397945869190.jpg
    1397945869190.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 69

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Not Long Now

Awesome! Hopefully I can get mine ordered either tomorrow or Monday. I'm waiting for my refund from my M8 to come back, but I might have to splurge a little early so I get it this week.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Awesome! Hopefully I can get mine ordered either tomorrow or Monday. I'm waiting for my refund from my M8 to come back, but I might have to splurge a little early so I get it this week.

Well like myself enjoy it when it arrives :)

What didn't you like about the M8?

Posted via Android Central App

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

I nearly went for the m8. The guy in the shop almost had me. I have my z2 now and I'm happy. The thing with the m8 for me was that it didn't have many killer features. No waterproof or dustproof. No 4k ect..

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Well like myself enjoy it when it arrives :)

What didn't you like about the M8?

I loved the M8, but the hardware buttons (volume/power) were extremely loose. I would rub against the volume button on accident and it would rattle and make noise, which drove me insane. Every model I tried did the same thing.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I loved the M8, but the hardware buttons (volume/power) were extremely loose. I would rub against the volume button on accident and it would rattle and make noise, which drove me insane. Every model I tried did the same thing.

Did notice that in some reviews but put it down to pre-Production models.

Some are noticing a gap just by the speaker grill on the Z2 but others are just fine.

Anyway I'm sure my device will be fine (hopefully).

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

i enter a contest Sony was having that they were giving away 51 Sony Xperia Z2 out so i hope i get one.

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Weird because I have a HTC one m8 and the buttons are very solid and not loose at all,guess I got lucky

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well from the folks here on AC and Tech journalists & Reviewers the Z2 has received a balanced outcome.

The Camera is great but not perfect (name a smartphone that nails it?)

The Speakers mixed opinion (vast improvement but still lacking). All i require is clear Audio ( I own a great hifi for supreme audio).

The build (Some stating gaps in construction) This is the only niggle as it may effect the Waterproofing? Hoping that this is not a problem with mine when it arrives. As i wont be returning (waited long enough 1 month thus far, nearly)

Noise Cancellation (Most are happy with it, if the headphones are included in your retail pack, your paying enough for the product, this should be standard.

Light Skin (this is great and should make for a great experience )

Overall the contentious is that its a great handset.

In my opinion and based on reviews and my thoughts on what i have seen. The Z2 focuses on the media side of things without adding unnecessary gimmicks (Heart Rate Monitor, Finger print Scanner).

This is what i enjoy and cant wait to see if the Z2 will match my expectations, which I'm confident that it will.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Z2 Balanced Reviews

Decent enough round up. I have noticed mine has a slight gap bottom left corner. Nothing big but just not quite the same as the other corners. I ran it under the tap to see if it leaked and it was okay. Kind of risky I know lol.

I love the skin. It's nice, clean and simple. Headphones are great but lack in media controls attached to the chord. Camera is good with decent features and 4k is a bonus and works well with steady shot. Overall the phone is great.

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Decent enough round up. I have noticed mine has a slight gap bottom left corner. Nothing big but just not quite the same as the other corners. I ran it under the tap to see if it leaked and it was okay. Kind of risky I know lol.

I love the skin. It's nice, clean and simple. Headphones are great but lack in media controls attached to the chord. Camera is good with decent features and 4k is a bonus and works well with steady shot. Overall the phone is great.

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

So its quite a few that are effected by this gap in build? brave mate, glad it survived or you would of wished you never took the risk lol. But it is meant to be waterproof so all is good. Hopefully mine will be ok, but as i said if its minor i wont be returning as its been a long wait.

Im Not to bothered about lack of controls, but can see why it would be a slight niggle for some.

I have been relatively impressed by your and others reviews on the Z2.

Cant wait for it to arrive :)

Last edited:

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Cheers. The gap on mine is not really big at all. You do notice it when you look though. I only noticed mine after reading a thread on here about it. I wouldn't send it back. Odds are you might end up with another the same or worse.

liamd77

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Mine has a miniscule gap in the bottom left corner too. It's only noticeable because it's very slightly different from the other side.

I've ran it under the tap a couple of times and submerged it in water for a few seconds and it seems fine.

It's a great phone. The speakers are fine, I can happily use it whilst having a shower and hear it over the water.

The pics the camera takes look great on the phones display. Not checked them on another screen yet which is always a good test.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Who has ordered the Xperia Z2?

I am confused whether to get the Z or the Z1 since Z2 is not much different than the other two.Z is 500 bucks and Z1 is 600 bucks so if I save money and get the Z would I be fine considering my primary use will only be web browsing and watching HD videos with some light gaming.The adreno 320 and s4 pro is still pretty good right ?

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Who has ordered the Xperia Z2?

I am confused whether to get the Z or the Z1 since Z2 is not much different than the other two.Z is 500 bucks and Z1 is 600 bucks so if I save money and get the Z would I be fine considering my primary use will only be web browsing and watching HD videos with some light gaming.The adreno 320 and s4 pro is still pretty good right ?

I couldn't see myself buying that old of a device, but if you think it will suit your needs fine then the Z might be for you.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the z2 and my wife has the Z1. In my opinion the z2 is better. If you havnt got a z device at all the z2 is the way to go. The screen is far superior to the z1's screen. I think the z1 is a tougher phone though. The metal outer shell is more metal than on the z2. The z2's is metal with plastic edging with I have already managed to scuff on one side as it fell down the side of my sofa. That's the downside of glass phones. They slide off everything easily.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
S5 Rom/Firmware for the Note 3

Well i have been over at XDA developers and 3 devs hard at work porting the S5 firmware for the Note 3.

I have recently flashed and so far so good. They have been busy trying to get the camera to work, which they now have in build No 4.

Still a few things that don't work Art runtime and Airview ect but those are not big issues for me.

Still not tested calls, some have reported that the mic doesn't work, and that you need to change things within the framework to get it to, this i have not tested on mine as of yet.

Other than that everything else that i use daily works just fine.

If you would like to check it out head over to XDA.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: S5 Rom/Firmware for the Note 3

A few screenshots.

Sent from my SM-G900F using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1398684678428.jpg
    1398684678428.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 54