5 Reasons To Buy The Z2.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
re:

That's about the same as mine mate. These are mine for today....

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 7354.jpg
    7354.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 127
  • 7355.jpg
    7355.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 124

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
re:

So sounds like two very happy Z2 owners lol

Yeh I don't feel like I have to rush to charge which is great.

I really am very happy and impressed with the Z2 well done Sony :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
This is subjective and open for debate.

However in my personal opinion the Z2 is as near to perfect as it gets.

The likes of Samsung as much as I enjoy my Note 3 I have grown fed up with gimmicks that I never use. It's fun at first then the novelty wears off.

The Note range is perhaps the exception where you have the S-pen that can be useful.

Other manufacturers are beginning to look at the market and perhaps scan forums ect to get information that will improve their product.

What I mean by that is that some now are begining to focus on implementing feature that are useful. Rather than relying on gimmicks to aquire initial attention.

The Z2 falls into that in the fact that it's focused, no real gimmicks in reference to fingerprint scanners or heart rate monitors. The S5 nearly had it but typical Samsung gimmicks are a must. The download booster, privacy mode ect are great and the camera.

The light and Zippy experience on the Z2 is a joy, as is the camera, the noise cancellation, front facing speakers are great (stop comparing or trying to, to the M8) and you won't be disappointed. The M8 is not waterproof so therefor they are going to be louder, Sony had to retain that ip rating which will effect the sound quality a little.

Overall I'm one very happy customer and the Z2 won't disappoint to whoever already has the idea of purchasing.

It just depends on what your after in a smartphone I suppose.

But for me the Z2 covers all that I like and need.

So well done Sony :)

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sony Xperia Z2 the perfect smartphone?

I don't believe there is the perfect anything especially in the smart phone Arena. I do agree the Z2 gets almost everything right.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I don't believe there is the perfect anything especially in the smart phone Arena. I do agree the Z2 gets almost everything right.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The word perfect itself is very personal, the Z2 is my perfect device, to others it won't suite.

But the Z2 is one focused device :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow I am enjoying these buds, right now on a busy train with I presume voices going. I say this as I can't hear any background noise, and Nirvana Unplugged sounds great with these.

Impressed yup much :)

johnny8410

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

It would have been my perfect phone if it was made available in a 32gb option. That's why I went ahead and bought the z2 tablet instead and it's a beauty. By now 32gb needs to become the standard especially with apps increasing in size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

It would have been my perfect phone if it was made available in a 32gb option. That's why I went ahead and bought the z2 tablet instead and it's a beauty. By now 32gb needs to become the standard especially with apps increasing in size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Yes have seen reviews of the Z2 tablet and it's a consideration, must admit I use my phone for everything so perhaps the tablet would just sit their used which wouldn't be fair lol

Yes 16gb is enough for me coupled with a 64gb card installed and I can upgrade to 128gb.

But 32gb should be the standard for all flagships.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

I agree that phones nowdays should come standard with 32gb. I don't know how Apple can justify the ?100 price difference between their 16th and 32gb models either. Memory costs pennies nowdays.

As far as the phone being the best ever. I don't know. I love mine. It really is fantastic. But their is always room for improvement. For me now it is the best as it's the phone I chose over its rivals. I don't think I'll buy Samsung again until they scrap their bloatware and make a premium phone. HTC nearly had me but just needed some killer features.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Noise Cancellation Headphones

They are awesome to be fair. I love them when I go out walking the dog. Sound is clear with plenty of bass.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I agree that phones nowdays should come standard with 32gb. I don't know how Apple can justify the ?100 price difference between their 16th and 32gb models either. Memory costs pennies nowdays.

As far as the phone being the best ever. I don't know. I love mine. It really is fantastic. But their is always room for improvement. For me now it is the best as it's the phone I chose over its rivals. I don't think I'll buy Samsung again until they scrap their bloatware and make a premium phone. HTC nearly had me but just needed some killer features.

I have never had that want for more and more and more, is there room for improvement I just in my opinion no this suites me to a T, so it's my perfect device.

Until the next upgrade in two years time lol

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Read my other posts, you'll see I agree. The Z2 is the closest to perfect right now. If it was 32gb then I think it would be very close to perfect.

There is no other phone out right now that can match the Z2 as a real world phone. If Sony added the magnetic cradle in the box in the UK it would have been even better (although I got a ten quid cradle on Amazon which is absolutely brilliant)

Last edited:

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Noise Cancellation Headphones

Yep, very good indeed. Having never used noise cancelling headphones before is really weird, you can barely hear anything! But the sound is excellent.

As physical headphones though, they aren't great. They don't have the flat, tangle free cable and they don't have a remote. I'll turn a blind eye to the fact that have adopted a standard that means your old headphones won't work.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeh 32gb should be the new standard in flagships.

But it's not detracting to much as there is that Sd card slot that supports cards upto 128gb.

Wow I just love this phone, I enjoy my media and photography and the Z2 provides.

It's Focused yup I use that word alot lol but it is apt. It's refined and when you get that feeling time and effort went into it, that is passed on.

Knock on is a great little feature ok borrowed from LG but it's good to share right? Lol

I can't see why some would want to case the Z2 though. Yes the benefits if it drops then it lowers the risk of damage. But I just can't and will just have to make sure I don't lol

Last edited:

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Yes, if no 32 gb would make it a useless phone to me. I got to have at least 32 gb internal storage with an SD slot for at least 128 gb. I would like to have 64 gb internal but 32 gb will suffice. I have a full 64 gb sd card in my phone now but I am thinking I need to get a 128 gb sd card.

lazagna

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

What are you keeping on your phone that requires that much space? I can see the space required for the apps, but how much data do you really NEED to have on your phone? I'm not knocking you, just really curious.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Another very useful feature is the built in answering machine, why?

Most Networks here in the UK charge x amount every time you check, this can soon mount up and be quite costly.

I really do like my Z2 alot :)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Earlier this year after I finally tried my first XPERIA, the Z Ultra I knew I was going to buy the Z2. I was impressed but sadly it was too big, even the Note 3 was great (my favourite series from Samsung) but I think 5.2" is where I draw the line.

I'll be honest, I don't know why I guess it's because the Z Ultra had it but I really thought the Z2 had an IR Blaster as well. This was the reason why I even said it's like a perfect marriage between hTc's M8 and Samsung's S5. Last night I just thought I couldn't find the IR Blaster and the App, I even Googled it. :( LOL I'll be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed a little bit. I guess I'll have to go old school and use the remote. :)

If you can't tell the IR Blaster is what's keeping the Z2 from perfect.

thatdennis

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

Earlier this year after I finally tried my first XPERIA, the Z Ultra I knew I was going to buy the Z2. I was impressed but sadly it was too big, even the Note 3 was great (my favourite series from Samsung) but I think 5.2" is where I draw the line.

I'll be honest, I don't know why I guess it's because the Z Ultra had it but I really thought the Z2 had an IR Blaster as well. This was the reason why I even said it's like a perfect marriage between hTc's M8 and Samsung's S5. Last night I just thought I couldn't find the IR Blaster and the App, I even Googled it. :( LOL I'll be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed a little bit. I guess I'll have to go old school and use the remote. :)

If you can't tell the IR Blaster is what's keeping the Z2 from perfect.
Well the Xperia ZL2 (i think), released soon in Japan will have almost the exact same specs as the Z2 but comes in 5.0".