Can't watch videos from facebook

Jeanne-Marie Cope

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, it helped a lot.

I first cleared my data end then updated Facebook. Working like a charm!!! Thanks a lot!!!! :D :D

Whoop-whoop. Let the video watching on facebook finally begin. :p

kc kerr

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I disabled "xperia with facebook" in /apps/all/ its near the bottom, then closed the app completely (may even wanna try a soft reboot) I haven't updated it, but every video seems to work (I imagine updating wouldn't hurt) also use "pictures" to view the video instead of "movies"

Kieran Fitzgerald

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Found a permanent fix! After so long! I have a Sony Xperia Z2 handset since it came out and I was unable to play any videos on Facebook over 3G or 4g I tried everything. Resetting cache disabling xperia add on, uninstalling and reinstalling Facebook app etc. I downloaded psiphon from the app store run my handset in VPN tunnel mode and now all videos work! Hope this helps all those that are still having this problem with no fix!

Dr Mohamed Elnady

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Finally i found the solution

Simply go to settings> others>mobile networks>access point names>
Choose the name of your operator or the web choice
NOT the GPRS choice

Now everything is ok without using any other applications

Shady911

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi Android-users,

I am having this problem with my Xperia Z2, that I can't play videos in facebooks application correctly. I am able to watch a video for around 30 seconds before it stops the video and shows up a message, saying that it was not able to play it, because of an unknown failure.

I am putting a screenshot into the thread, so you can see it.
The text is in Danish, but correctly translated to english it means:

"Can not play video. Sorry, there was an unknown error while playing this video. Ok"

What can I do to solve this? I am not having any problems playing videos from YouTube for example. I hope you can help.

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

I think problem is with your network connectivity, this mean there's not enough internet speed to stream the video. This happened to me once. To fix this go to settings > wireless & network > more > mobile networks>Access point names >APNs >new APN > then you can find a list like this name , APN , Proxy etc.
In this list under the name field type" name : any name you like (ex:my network) then in APN field type your network service provider name +3G
(ex: Mobitel3G). > Save. Do not fill the other fields. Then select your newly created APN, this should fix your problem hopefully.

aswmobile

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
Using Samsung galaxy note 8 on Andoid - Facebook videos would not play but fine on YouTube or recorded videos. Found a fix by closing fb app. Drag down window from the top to access phone settings / apps / select facebook from the apps then click the 3 little dots and it will say uninstall facebook updates - click this. Once finished reboot phone. Click facebook and it will require you to update to the latest version, click yes then sign in. Videos will work from here on. Hope it helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non