Is there some pre installed screen protector on the xperia Z2?

zarakasad

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
i got an xperia z2 like a month back and I've noticed some sort of plastic layer coming off the bottom edge of the screen. It's really not visible any place else but i guess it could come off if i try. would that cause any damage to the screen? is that a part of the screen or is that just a screen protector installed by sony, other than that plastic layer it has on when you take it out of the box (the one with instructions on it)?

Last edited:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Phones are usually sent with several protective plastic films... screen, camera lens, sometimes the sides... these aren't really meant to be permanent screen protectors and are primarily used to protect the parts during shipping and storage.

zarakasad

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
no this is not one of those that are on when you take the phone out of the box, the ones with instructions on them. this one is really firmly attached to the screen and is not at all noticeable except for the edge where its coming off. that too, is because i put it underwater for a couple of minutes. would removing it cause any damage?

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you got a z2 and not a z1? The z2 doesn't have a screen protector on it but the z1 had one installed by the manufacturer that some people hated and would cut off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zarakasad

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's the Z2. And I'm not sure if it's really a screen protector. It is very rigid and I'm not sure maybe it's a part of the screen?

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Maybe. If so definitely leave it alone. If you bought it directly from Sony maybe contact them and see what's up. You shouldn't have any parts of the screen coming up for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If it is really rigid... your screen might be de-laminating (top layer of glass pulling away). That's bad news. Did you buy it new, used? Does it look like it took a drop or anything in the area?

derdjango

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Not much action in this forum anymore. However, I recently got a Z2 to play around with. How has your device held up? especially for those guys who doesn't use any protection (hehe). I haven't installed a tempered glass or case yet, but thinking about it.

Posted via the Android Central App