Google Play Music controls (Artwork) on Lockscreen

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Finally got my z3. Im coming from the Nexus 5 and it looks like that when I use Play Music app the Z3 lock screen doesnt have the controls like the Nexus has. Also, for the life of me I cant find a way to change the lock screen wall paper. I got it for the home screen.

This what I want it to be http://gstylemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Nexus5FSArtwork.png

Anyone have an idea or work around.

My Galaxy S5 also had that kind of lockscreen too, its unfortunate that this doesnt have that
As an alternative, you can use PowerAmp music player (from the Play Store), its an amazing music player which has a lockscreen like that when u play music

strav22

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy S5 also had that kind of lockscreen too, its unfortunate that this doesnt have that
As an alternative, you can use PowerAmp music player (from the Play Store), its an amazing music player which has a lockscreen like that when u play music

Not sure that helps for those that are play music subscribers.

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Try C Locker from the Play Store, the free version allows you to do a lot of stuff, but for what you want and tons of other great stuff you should get the paid version. I tried the free version and in 5 minutes I was buying the Full version.

strav22

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Try C Locker from the Play Store, the free version allows you to do a lot of stuff, but for what you want and tons of other great stuff you should get the paid version. I tried the free version and in 5 minutes I was buying the Full version.

Again, not sure this helps those that are subscribers to play music.

Note: I'm a current nexus 5 owner, plan on getting the z3.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Not sure that helps for those that are play music subscribers.

This chain got me curious. I just streamed music from both Google Play and Amazon music using the related apps. While the music was playing I turned off the phone / screen. Turned it back on and I had a lock screen widget. FYI, I don't use a PIN, pattern or face recognition step on my lock screen. I did get a lock screen widget to control my music.

Another FYI, I do use Poweramp and it does include a lock screen widget. You can try the full version for free for 5 days......strav22, you should try versus just being a negative skeptic. Smooth was just trying to help.

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I use play music app and find it works as i would expect on my pattern lock screen. Play/pause and forward & backwards buttons.
What controls, style & layout are you looking for?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Again, not sure this helps those that are subscribers to play music.

Note: I'm a current nexus 5 owner, plan on getting the z3.

Well, I think you didn't understand me, as I'm telling you that C Locker can allow you to put ANY widget you want in your Lock Screen, although that is only allowed in teh Paid version.

So, if your App, has a Widget (Google Play does), then you can put it in your Lock Screen. With Google's new policy to refund the purchase, you can easily pay for it, try it and you have 2 hours to ask for a refund, I don't know you, but for me you can't lose anything trying it.

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I seen your post and I've seen a module for xposed framework that offers what you are looking for. Good luck and hopefully this can help you. Don't forget to make back-up and double check everything just in case something doesn't go your way. I had a xperia play and sure miss it😊

TapControl

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys! I have a new solution to this dilemma!

I just released a music control app. With it you can control music playback by tapping the sides of your phone (left and right to play/pause, top or bottom to skip to next track) without using your screen, or even unlocking your device.

It's called TapControl, one word. Find it, or the free version TapControl Lite, on the Play store. (I dont have enough posts to post a link).

I just released this, and would love some feedback too. I am a third year computer science student at UC Davis, and this is my first Android app. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo