Got my 4.3 Update OTA today!

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Just done installing. So far, I'm not liking it. If you like so^phisticated icons, good contrast in menu and readability, DON'T UPDATE. 4.2.2 was much better-looking. The new look is a throwback to ugly, unrefined and washed out.

Not so hot and aesthetic change :

- Keyboard is bigger, uglier. Probably due a font change, but i can't say for sure.
- The home screen folders have been changed to look like boxes, instead of looking like folders.
- Google added a boatload of it's own bloatware widgets.
- The app drawer icon changed to a bunch of dots instead of little squares.
- Added Google's own bloatware that I had previously disabled/uninstalled or never had. (Box, Drive, Playbook, PlayGames, PlayMovies et al).
- Settings menus are now so "whitened", everything is washed-out, so that's going to waste power to display on top of having low usability.
- Added a menu tab in the App drawer.
- TrackID became purple and gray, instead of blue and grey.
- lockscreen lock pattern pad changed from dots to little disks.

Good:

- Camera app has a good deal more options.

Conclusion:

So far, I'm not overly impressed. The worst change is the settings menu. It is so washed out, it's difficult to make out the option in the menus, in a dark living room. Outside, with the sun's glare, it's probably downright impossible to use. I think that was a dumb move.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

Just done installing. So far, I'm not liking it. If you like so^phisticated icons, good contrast in menu and readability, DON'T UPDATE. 4.2.2 was much better-looking. The new look is a throwback to ugly, unrefined and washed out.
well that's great !! Cheers for the OTA 4.3V update ........ i've already at 4.4 KitKat !!
Not so hot and aesthetic change :

- Keyboard is bigger, uglier. Probably due a font change, but i can't say for sure.
- The home screen folders have been changed to look like boxes, instead of looking like folders.
- Google added a boatload of it's own bloatware widgets.
- The app drawer icon changed to a bunch of dots instead of little squares.
- Added Google's own bloatware that I had previously disabled/uninstalled or never had. (Box, Drive, Playbook, PlayGames, PlayMovies et al).
- Settings menus are now so "whitened", everything is washed-out, so that's going to waste power to display on top of having low usability.
- Added a menu tab in the App drawer.
- TrackID became purple and gray, instead of blue and grey.
- lockscreen lock pattern pad changed from dots to little disks.

Good:

- Camera app has a good deal more options.

Conclusion:

So far, I'm not overly impressed. The worst change is the settings menu. It is so washed out, it's difficult to make out the option in the menus, in a dark living room. Outside, with the sun's glare, it's probably downright impossible to use. I think that was a dumb move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroharoo