Got my PB2's yesterday, already initiated a return today...

jabaa

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
So I got my PB2s yesterday and have already initiated a return. Pretty disappointing as I liked a LOT about them: the sound (pleasantly surprised there), the vent (was concerned they'd let in too much outside noise but they didn't), the gestures (pretty great), the Google Assistant implementation, the fit and finish. Everything really. Except audio dropouts. Which make them SUPER annoying to actually, you know, listen to stuff on them with. This is all listening on my Pixel 3, firmware on PB2s was 296, so latest.

First time out with them I went on a 30-min walk and audio dropouts were happening roughly every 1-min. Got home, googled the issue, did the bluetooth cache clear, factory re-set of buds, reboot phone, turn off in-ear detection, turn off adaptive sound. Headed back out for a second walk and now dropouts are less frequent, but still occurring, now more like one every 2-min instead of one every 1-min. Not even close to acceptable for $200 earbuds IMO. I got on the phone with support, they heard all the above, basically jumped right to a refund. No mention of a swap out for a new pair, just right to a refund, basically saying what I experienced is a "known issue." In other words, they don't really work and they know it.

Maybe after the August update I'll buy them again and give them another try. Or just buy the Jabra Elite 75t's and be done with it... I really, really wanted these to work too. Oh well....

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't dealt with these specifically, but did you try moving your phone to the opposite side of your body? I know Bluetooth signals are heavily blocked by body mass. It's a problem I have with my Bluetooth headsets, and putting the phone on the same side as the headset ear cup/mic will fix it.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have found much fewer drops by changing to a smaller set of buds. I had been using the medium ones, but the small ones fit better in my ears (no soreness after several hours), and I'm noticing they don't drop as often.

jabaa

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
I haven't dealt with these specifically, but did you try moving your phone to the opposite side of your body? I know Bluetooth signals are heavily blocked by body mass. It's a problem I have with my Bluetooth headsets, and putting the phone on the same side as the headset ear cup/mic will fix it.

Tried it with phone in front pocket and back pocket, both sides. Also carrying in hand. No better.

jabaa

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
I was thinking of pixel buds over samsung buds+. Disappointed now :(

Yeah, I'm looking at those now too, and also the Jabra Elite 75t's. I'm still thinking I'll wait though and see if they get this issue sorted out. They were pretty great earbuds otherwise...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali