Latest Android 11 Update just broke half my phone contacts??

Roth1197

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
---> This question is not unique to the GS10e. It pertains to the OS, or the Contacts app, or something else. Please do not relegate to the GS10e forum as it will likely not get attention from the appropriate people.

I just installed the latest OTA update for my S10e this morning. The problem started a few hours after the update completed. At first, in my Contacts app, none of my contacts showed up. When I looked in Menu-Groups, the counter for my different contact groups looked correct (Personal 110, Work 230, etc...). But when I looked in Personal, it was completely empty, even though it said I had 110 contacts in there.

I think I figured that out... Now, it seems to have lost the connection between certain apps and about HALF the contacts in my database. For example:
John Smith shows up as a contact and loaded with a Mobile (123) 456-7890.

However, whenever I receive a call from John Smith, instead of the caller ID saying Incoming Call: John Smith, it just says Incoming Call: (123) 456-7890. Same for texts. If I receive a text from John, the text conversation title shows up as (123) 456-7890 instead of his name.

** Again, only happens with half my contacts. Some work perfectly fine. And I don't see any difference between the broken ones and the ones that work. My wife and dad show up fine, my mom's is broken. Makes no sense. HELP!! (sorry for the lengthy description, but it's really difficult to explain)

EDIT: So within the Contacts app, when I click Menu, it shows me all my different contact groups. It says Personal (for example) has 112 contacts in it. So I select Personal, and would expect to see a list of 112 contacts. However I only see a list of 68 contacts!? So it somehow knows there's 112 contacts it should be showing me... but only showing me 68???

Last edited:

Roth1197

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Whatever, I think I figured this one out. I just sync'd my Exchange contacts through Google instead of AquaMail... Now, with them sync'd through Google Exchange service, everybody shows up as normal now. Makes no sense why AquaMail kaka'd the bed, but whatever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred