:( 9 months of music & photos vanished!

maguione

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone I need a solution with a problem I've been having, I really can't get to a sprint store anytime soon and there isn't one close to my house :\ . Idk if any of the following issues are related but this is my story.....

So recently my phone had been actin up showing no bars or 3g icon, I called sprint the first time and they told me a few servers\towers were down and it would go away. So a week went by and nothing changed, I called back and I spoke with another representative and she said she would try trouble shooting my phone, glady it fixed my issue with connection. Yay! Now two days ago I went to play some music I've had and realized ALL my downloaded music was gone. I started to look at my photos from downloaded email,msgs and interenet and they also were GONE :'(. I've called sprint and they didn't have any answers but told me I Should go to a sprint store but like I mentioned I can't get there. Is there anything manually I can do ? I do not have a computer which sprint asked also. I really want my photos & music back. Any help given is very much appreciated :) ty

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
If you didn't transfer the downloaded music and the pictures onto your SD card, unfortunately, no-one can help you with that. I don't think Sprint will be able to do anything about that either.

It's always a good idea to transfer your data onto your SD card and keep a copy on your PC. We learn from our mistakes.

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Seems like your memory card crapped out on you. Sucks man, just out of curiosity was it the pre installed memory card?

maguione

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Nah the sd card comes out, I'm pretty sure it crapped....I always thought my music was saved onto the sd card automatically when I downloaded them because I've taken my sd card out when rebooting my phone n noticed they don't show up without it. Rats I was really hoping I could get my pics n music back

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Pictures/sounds/video taken by your camera are saved automatically by default to your sdcard so if those were missing then you must have had a sdcard failure. No system wipe/factory reset, etc will ever touch your sdcard so that is not to blame.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanx paul, so I should most likely get new sd card? Or is my phone causing this?
I would first try to format the sdcard and see if it possibly just had some corruption on it causing this. Otherwise if it still is causing problems then you will have to look into a new card.

I would try this route first because its probably the same thing Sprint would have you do to troubleshoot it.

ginglish

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Before you reformat that SD Card, find a friend with a PC and a card reader. Try looking on the card via the PC. There are even utilities that can sometimes recover corrupted files from Flash Memory Cards. No guarentee, but your picutres might be recoverable. If you can not find help with the card right away, get a new card to use with the phone and leave the other untouched until you can have it looked at.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Before you reformat that SD Card, find a friend with a PC and a card reader. Try looking on the card via the PC. There are even utilities that can sometimes recover corrupted files from Flash Memory Cards. No guarentee, but your picutres might be recoverable. If you can not find help with the card right away, get a new card to use with the phone and leave the other untouched until you can have it looked at.
Sounds like a good suggestion, but to loose 9 months of pics and music sounds like a lot of stuff. If the user was only missing a few files here and there I would think this is a good idea but its really sounding like the user had a major event happen to their sdcard.

Its still worth a shot if you have the resources and time ;)