First no Verizon, now it's dead??

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A couple of days ago, I found that I cannot make calls to anyone that has Verizon. Phone just dropped to a busy signal no matter which vzw number I called. I was Running CM7 nightly 5. I odin'd back to stock, ota to stock GB, and it did the same thing. Called Sprint, and they had me reenter the MDN and a couple other things. Didn't help. Sprint opened up a service ticket to have network engineers look into it.

This morning I go to shut down to root, and it would not power back up to download mode. So I tried to reboot normally, and notice that it's not trying to draw power from my usb hub. Grabbed my friends phone, and it connected right up. Called Sprint again, and they deem it dead and opened a ticket for me to stop into the local service center for a replacement after grilling me about if it was dropped or wet.

Here is hoping that what I feel is the best phone I've ever had, with good dev support behind it, will be replaced with another one that's just as solid as the first.

/rant

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, the tech decided to completely take it apart. Not sure if he was just trying to figure out what happened to it, or if he was checking all the water sensors. He even took an LED flashlight to the screen to see if there was any cracks/damage UNDER the glass. Talk about thorough. Needless to say, once it was put back together it worked the same as before. Nothing at all.

He then goes on to tell me they don't stock replacements in the store. And that this model is on back order. It will be at the store in 3-7 business days. I called sprint again to see what they can do to push the store.

Is it normal practice for the service center stores to NOT carry replacements and not issue at least a loaner phone until a backordered item is in stock?

I love how the epic performs, but the Nexus s 4g is the same price right now, and should be a "comparable replacement" device. I just find it pretty hard to believe that they could not set me up with something while I was at the store. sigh...

JMusic

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
He then goes on to tell me they don't stock replacements in the store. And that this model is on back order. It will be at the store in 3-7 business days. I called sprint again to see what they can do to push the store.

Is it normal practice for the service center stores to NOT carry replacements and not issue at least a loaner phone until a backordered item is in stock?

I love how the epic performs, but the Nexus s 4g is the same price right now, and should be a "comparable replacement" device. I just find it pretty hard to believe that they could not set me up with something while I was at the store. sigh...

"And when will the credit equal to 3 to 7 days worth of no service show up on my account, immediately or when I pick up my replacement?"

That comment will probably get you an instant replacement.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I went to the Asurion page to see what kind of expedited thing they can do. Their page kicked back that it should be covered under ESRP.
"What should I expect when I go to an authorized service center?
You can expect an expert technician to diagnose your phone's issue and either repair or replace your phone in-store if the damage to your phone is covered under ESRP, or guide you through the process......" if water damage or otherwise not covered.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana