Epic To Metro - CDMA Trouble?

maximistheman#AC

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Good evening fellow AC members. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I got a Galaxy S3 for an early Christmas present and I am going to flash over my old Epic to Metro PCS for a friend. Ihave everything needed, CDMA, QPST, the .prl needed for it and whatever else I found that i needed from an XDA forum. For whatever reason I can not post the link. I have the phone flashed back to complete stock unrooted ICS, debugging allowed, and both set on MODEM. I even read somewhere to leave it on the utility menu while doing CDMA work, so I do and that lets it show up and my computer reads it fine, the data cord is brand new as well so I dont think its a problem with that.

I have been searching for about an hour now, every which way I can think of or imagine to word it in Google... but i havent come up with an answer....

Does my epic need to have service on it to be able to flash it over to Metro? If so I will just swap my service from my s3 to the epic for a few hours. But I get the port from my device mgr, open CDMA and it will connect to the phone but then it will not read the phone. Tells me it can not be found or something...

Also, usb debugging is on, both utilities set to modem, but it wont show up in my device mgr as "samsung mobile modem #2" at all. Not even as a portable drive. BUT when usb debudding is off it will show up as the modem just fine. Havent tried CDMA while not in debugging because I figured it wont work, considering debugging mode enables the developing and whatnot...

Ive been stuck on this for days now... Could someone please help me? :/ Pretty please? <3

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No one can help? :(

Patience Sir. Most of us have lives that we live over the weekend. I also think you need to evaluate what device you're flashing and what files you're trying to use. There are TWO Epic 4g's on sprint, and I think you're using the files from the wrong one.

You mention in your first post that you've flashed it back to stock ICS. The Epic 4g only went as high as GingerBread. That tells me that you are actually trying to flash an Epic 4G "Touch", and probably using the files from the OG Epic 4g. Either way, you will get more help if you are asking in the proper part of the forum with the people that are using the "touch" model.

maximistheman#AC

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am in fact a madam, just posting from my bf's account :p

Its been a while since i used my epic 4g. So I didnt think back as far as GB. And it is in fact the epic 4g with the qwerty keyboard. The very first one they released, SPH-D700.

Are you saying i need to flash it to GB & its accopanying modem? To get it to work properly? I didnt think the OS or modem mattered when CDMA Workshopping to another carrier... at least I havent been able to find anyhting on it from researching...

Im just frustrated because I shouldve had this done by now and its a week later and im still stuck... first it was my computer and now its just seeming to be everything else @.@
Patience Sir. Most of us have lives that we live over the weekend. I also think you need to evaluate what device you're flashing and what files you're trying to use. There are TWO Epic 4g's on sprint, and I think you're using the files from the wrong one.

You mention in your first post that you've flashed it back to stock ICS. The Epic 4g only went as high as GingerBread. That tells me that you are actually trying to flash an Epic 4G "Touch", and probably using the files from the OG Epic 4g. Either way, you will get more help if you are asking in the proper part of the forum with the people that are using the "touch" model.