HELP Screen broke can contacts be recovered?

Kyleluvsandroid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend that dropped his phone and the screen cracked and no longer lights. It is unrooted and I'm sure doesn't have usb debugging enabled. It has slide lock enable and I guess a prompt for usb storage. He said when he connects it to the computer it doesn't show any drives, even after performing the usual action the screen. I am not familiar with this phone and am not sure of the normal actions to unlock or enable usb prompt etc. to test it myself. Is there a way through adb or performing a nandroid and running it on a vurtualizer or something like that to recover his contacts. He has over 500 contacts not backed up in any way.

eledarmi

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Android as long as you put an account into the phone to download apps/movies/music, It's backed up. Tell him to go to his gmail and his contacts should be there. I had this problem with my first android phone. (Galaxy S) :)

Kyleluvsandroid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the help. I will have him double check that, I assume he did but I will check. I would appreciate any more help incase four whatever reason it isn't there.

Epiclectic

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Android as long as you put an account into the phone to download apps/movies/music, It's backed up. Tell him to go to his gmail and his contacts should be there. I had this problem with my first android phone. (Galaxy S) :)

This is not always the case. I have the same problem, except my phone is rooted & debugging was enabled. (Epic 4g, cleanGB)
I have 4 gmail accounts associated with this epic, and none of them have contacts with phone #'s , because when i add contacts, I select "save in phone", not save in gmail. (long ago i saved #s in gmail, then when I got a new phone, importing the numbers put 600+ useless email contacts in my phone's contact list, requiring 5 minutes of scrolling to find a #).

I have tried :
1. switching sd cards into my new epic and importing vcards. (only pulled up an old contacts list from 2011)
2. used SDK to pull all files containing "contact" and transferred them into new phone (in proper locations). despite pulling contacts database and contacts prefs, still didn't have all my numbers.

The new phone is on avatar rom 4.2.2 . If I revert back to cleanGB, can I restore my old phone's backup on new phone to then export contacts list from phone ram? or will that give me md5 mismatch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non