Epic vs Evo Poll. which phone would you choose?

Which phone would you choose.

• Total voters

cody

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This same poll is over in the evo forum. Just cant help to think the results would be different over here in the Epic Forums.

Take the poll and reply to post telling why you feel the way you feel.

I'm on the fence with it. I like the evo, but kind of want a key board.

Thanks, Cody

debello

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Played with the EVO for over several days as Sprint came up with new an innovative reasons for my Moments data locks up.

The flash support was great, but every time I went to Android Central the phone lock up for about several minutes. I didn't like typing one it, I am just a homer for a physical keyboard. I have my Epic reserved and can't wait to dump the moment even though I have to pay full price for the Epic.

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Super AMOLED, no fps cap, keyboard, superior CPU/GPU, DLNA support while still having a frint facing camera, 720p video, and 4G

But still the Evo gets the bigger screen, kickstand, higher res. Front and back camera with dual flash (pics quality will vary) and SenseUI which is a huge plus for me

Ill reserve my vote and see if the Evo 2.2 is rooted b4 the 31st so i can compare an uncapped evo to the epic and then make my choice

dandan2980

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm picking the Evo. Because I own one and I think Samsung makes crappy phones. Both the Moment and Intercept are garbage and I dont see the Epic being much better. Wow it has good specs but that doesnt mean **** in day to day use when the buttons dont respond. Also $250 is a joke. Come on Sprint, Verizon is announcing a boat load of phones and all you got are two phones this year. BB tour and Intercept dont count they are garbage too.

mb79

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'll reserve my judgement for when I get the Epic in my hands. I have an EVO and love it, but going to try the Epic. Will sell one or the other...or just take the Epic back if I still like the EVO better.

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I own the evo, and love every moment of it. With that said, I have had extensive time with the epic, and I must say It is the best slider phone I have ever used by far. It feels great in the hand, and not clunky like I figured it would. They feel quite different from each other when typing seeing as the samsung doesnt have glass. I am unsure how the screen will hold up on the samsung, but time will tell. At any rate, its a great phone, and so is the evo. Im still not sure if I will make the switch or not, as I love my evo, but I am tempted somewhat.

Last edited:

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I own the evo, and love every moment of it. With that said, I have had extensive time with the epic, and I must say It is the best slider phone I have ever used by far. It feels great in the hand, and not clunky like I figured it would. They feel quite different from each other when typing seeing as the samsung doesnt have glass. I am unsure how the screen will hold up on the samsung, but time will tell. At any rate, its a great phone, and so is the evo. Im still not sure if I will make the switch or not, as I love my evo, but I am tempted somewhat.

Wha wha WHAT...???!!! Are you absolutely sure the epic does not have a glass screen?

If so, the EPIC is out of the question

DJPellegrino

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Today, I'd pick the Epic. A year ago I would have picked the EVO. Timeline is mostly based on virtual keyboard vs physical keyboard.
A year ago is when I got away from the flip style phones and wanted a touch screen phone. Ended up with the Instinct, while not really all that bad of a phone, the virtual keyboard was way too small, even for my wife and 13 year old daughter. So, now we want a physical keyboard. Since I can't afford 3 of the EPICs, I settled for 2 intercepts for the wife and daughter. Great phones for the introduction to the physical keyboard and android. I am awaiting the EPIC to arrive in 9 days. My Daughter loves the intercept and I am actually suprised that my wife is liking it so soon after receiving it. It will only get better.

cwfranklin2

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well I think this poll would do better if it were in a neutral Topic. Of course if I'm browsing an HTC Evo Forum Topic, naturally I'm going to vote for the Evo. Likewise, if I'm on a Samsung Epic forum topic, I'm Epic all the way.

cody

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree, this is why I wanted to see it somewhere other than just the evo forum. The point is made that not everyone wants the evo. The epic will work better for many.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
After the pre, I never thought I'd buy another slider. However, positive reviews on the slider mechanism, and lack of blind typing with the keyboard have me confident on this phone. My hero's keyboard lags a little (though not as bad as others complain about), so it will be interesting to see how the phone handles the physical keyboard. What was annoying with the pre was that the keyboard lagged, despite being physical. Double posting in forums was also quite annoying.

freeze

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I picked the Epic - in fact i just preordered it at Bestbuy. Played around with the EVO at the sprint store for 20 minutes and didn't really like the virtual keyboard. It was ok and I probably could have gotten used to it, but I like a real keyboard. Plus the display looks nicer based on the videos I've seen (IMO). Couple that with the better camera and I'm sold.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
What's the point of even putting an "Evo vs. Epic" poll in either the HTC Evo sub-forum or the Samsung Epic 4g sub-forum? They are be too biased. Another thing that doesn't help is that the Epic isn't even out yet! I had the Evo and I will say the Evo is miles better! You know why? Because I don't have anything to compare it to except for vaporware (until it's out, it's not out). I say the Vibrant is ties with the Evo because I have actually used both phones and they both have an almost equal amount of pluses and minuses. Heck, I could say the Evo has a better processor than that 2ghz Motorola one that is slated to come out by the end of the year. The point is, the Evo hardware is in the hands of the public, while that TI OMAP 2ghz processor is not. The Epic may have been in some people's hands, but not in the general public's hands.:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer