Transfering contacts to Epic from Blackberry

cobaltgirl87

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I went from a Blackberry 8900 to the Samsung Epic 4G.

I got the contacts to bluetooth to the epic, but I can open the vcf file, but it only pulls up the very first contact. I can not get them to load on the Epic. I did the import from SD card and it says:

"Reading of vCard has failed"
"failed to parse vCard for unexpected reason (File ended during parsing BASE64 binary"

my phone has a vcard...lol. ok sorry, immature moment.

any ideas how to transfer them?

schnellmedic

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Easiest option that comes to mind, setup a gmail account if you didnt already with the Epic.

Install google sync on the blackberry and then sync that with your new account and then resync the Epic.

cobaltgirl87

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Easiest option that comes to mind, setup a gmail account if you didnt already with the Epic.

Install google sync on the blackberry and then sync that with your new account and then resync the Epic.

Does this transfer other info also? Such as bdays, adddresses, all that jazz?

jeanthecat

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I just did this and, while it does work, be warned that if you sync it to your existing Gmail account rather than creating a brand new one for this purpose, anyone who's ever emailed you on your gmail account will now be in your Epic contacts. Ugh!

Anyone know if there's a way to mass delete any contacts that do not have phone numbers in them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez