Cell "Time Without Signal" ~ 50%

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I live in Florida but took the Epic to NY for a few days right after I got it. In NY, my time without a signal was less than 2% and the battery got stronger each day I was there with each re-charge(and the radio reset trick each morning). I am back in Florida and so far my time without a signal is 18% and the battery is definitely draining faster.

Ultimately, if this lack of signal strength at my home and work causes the battery to drain to quickly I will need to return my Epic and leave Sprint. This is my first experience with Sprint and will be disappointed to have to part with such an Epic phone.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I live in Florida but took the Epic to NY for a few days right after I got it. In NY, my time without a signal was less than 2% and the battery got stronger each day I was there with each re-charge(and the radio reset trick each morning). I am back in Florida and so far my time without a signal is 18% and the battery is definitely draining faster.

Ultimately, if this lack of signal strength at my home and work causes the battery to drain to quickly I will need to return my Epic and leave Sprint. This is my first experience with Sprint and will be disappointed to have to part with such an Epic phone.

You could just toggle airplane mode on and off every time you reboot the phone. That would fix your time without signal issue.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You could just toggle airplane mode on and off every time you reboot the phone. That would fix your time without signal issue.

Yes, I've been doing that daily since the tip was posted but since I've returned to FL I think I have a crappy signal at home and thus the % is rising and battery deteriorating.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I've been doing that daily since the tip was posted but since I've returned to FL I think I have a crappy signal at home and thus the % is rising and battery deteriorating.

I'm in florida, too. Some days I had TWS over 50%. Haven't had the issue at all (doesn't display a tws) since I update the PRL everyday. I know its not installing any update, but it also resets the radio, and I like doing that better, just in case there really is an update. Try that and see how it works for you.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just checked mine that has been running for a few days without (no shut downs or airplane mode or PRL updates) and my time without signal is at 0%. Ill keep checking this out to verify. The only thing I did radio wise was switch to 4g yesterday when I was in baltimore.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just a question but has anyone gone to settings>call settings>system select ? Just wondering if this may be a culprit. Im assuming everyone has.

octones

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm set to automatic. Been unplugged for 7.5 hours and on 1% time without signal. That is after doing airplane mode.

sent from my Epic4G using Tapatalk

Annihil8or

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
50% time without signal!? I wish! See attached.

This was from when I woke up with morning and unplugged (initially on wifi) to 9 hours at work. Screencap taken while driving home.

annihil8ortws7sept.jpg

I'll try toggling airplane mode tomorrow when I get to the office.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine started burning up this morning, I lost half my battery. Reset it, toggled airplane mode and the other half has lasted for a good 4 hours of reasonably heavy use, and it still has some juice left.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

dandan2980

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

This was from when I woke up with morning and unplugged (initially on wifi) to 9 hours at work. Screencap taken while driving home.

annihil8ortws7sept.jpg

I'll try toggling airplane mode tomorrow when I get to the office.[/QUOTE

Holy crap that is terrible, that why I sent mine back, even when I toggle I still have 10%to 20% tws. Its a shame cause this phone is bad ***. When they fix I shall return.

Rockblast

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

annihil8ortws7sept.jpg

I'll try toggling airplane mode tomorrow when I get to the office.

I'm with you!! I'm at around 91% - I think we got duds... getting my 2nd one FedExed today.

vtective

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think you all should look at exchanging your phones. I was having this problem, and exchanged it for a different reason (blown speaker) but my replacement phone does not have this issue and battery life is much better too.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is pretty good. But Im at 50%ish. Im not sure a new epic would fix this as the phones your going to get will have the same software.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is pretty good. But Im at 50%ish. Im not sure a new epic would fix this as the phones your going to get will have the same software.

If its a software problem, getting a new phone won't fix it. If its a hardware problem: class action.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38