Does Android have iphone-like magnified cursor?

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Without using the physical keyboard, it's difficult to tab on a line of text and have the cursor go there. I really like Apple's implementation of the magnified view to play cursor when you hold+drag your finger across text. Anything like that for Android?

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
menu +e allows to select text in the stock browser .. Not sure how this is done with out going into the menu.

Menu-More-
Then there is a list of all the options ..Add bookmark, Find, Select text ect...

mulcher

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I think the issue is Apple has a patent on that. Gotta love how patents mean everybody has something, but nobody has everything.

At least you have the cursor keys to help with navigating to a spot in text. This was a nightmare on the Pre.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Try the FREE 24hr version (to see if you like it) of Ultra Keyboard. It has LOADS of options like what you describe, plus swype behavior - they call it tracing, an option to put cursor keys on the keyboard (like the HTC EVO keyboard) change the height of the keys AND- they have your magnify and move cursor idea you suggest from iphone.

Don't know how iphone's is different- I don't have an iOS device to compare to- but Ultra Keyboard does have this behavior. I thought it was cheap enough and I switch back and forth between this keyboard and swype- I just wish I could make the letters more BOLD on the keyboard. But a solid app IMHO- and not all that expensive for the full version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress