[Q] Any Way To Tighten Slider Mechanism???

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I dropped my Epic yesterday (luckily not a scratch) but now I feel the slider a bit loose from the left side. You can lift it 1-2mm from the left side if held in portrait mode, but right side still sturdy. Its a but annoying to type since it wobbles a bit and makes some clicking sound when open. Just wanted to ask if anyone has or seen a teardown of the Epic to see if there is a way to tighten the slider a bit??

**cmon ex Pre users... u know how it feels**

Thanx

Romanmb

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I definitely know how it feels. The funny thing is that the Epic has as much lateral slide as the Pre did, even though the Epic is meant to open in that direction and the Pre doesn't. As for the looseness, Im not sure, I wasn't able to see thes lider mechanism as easily as on the Pre (for better or for worse)

murso74

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
i'm starting to get annoyed with how loose my slider is getting. not the open and close but the screen wobble. i don't know if the sprint case caused it or it just loosens over time

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The snap on cases do cause the slider to loosen up a bit but I don't notice it unless I take the case off. To the OP I would try one of the cases from Sprint or BB...should tighten up the slider.

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
no luck finding a useful teardown to see if there is an easy way to access the slider and see if you can just grip it a little so its tighter...

can the tach at sprint take a look at it?? Im past my 30 days and im not looking for a replacement... just enough for it to stop making sounds when i type while walking...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty