Battery Life

tide_rulz

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Since the phone has been out for awhile, has the battery life really improved? can someone get thru a normal day without charging? And are there any new or bigger batteries for it?

I am leaving my company iPhone behind and was debating between the EVO and the Epic. I like what i have seen from the Epic, but battery life is an issue for me. I have seen that the EVO now has out a nice Seidio battery, big and lets you really use your phone during the day without worrying about constantly having to charge it. But i think i would prefer the keyboard on the Epic. I understand the Epic has a deeper in color screen, newer processor that uses less power, doesnt run as hot.

So, has anyone really noticed a difference in battery life with the Epic?

as a side note, i went into a Sprint store over the weekend and talked with them about both phones, and the agents opinions that i talked to, you have to charge up both phones during the day with normal use (using the OEM battery on both), so even they think you will have an issue near the end of the day and needing a re-charge. Thanks in advance for responses.

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Before rooting and after doing some of those tweaks (Airplane Mode toggle, DRM disable, WiFi never sleep mode, decreasing screen brightness, etc.), I was getting about a day to a day and a half of light to moderate usage from my phone. I rooted for the sole sake of making the battery life even better and it’s been worse because of some bug in one of the apps or because of Titanium backup. Trying to figure out which one it is.

Between the Evo and Epic, most people seem to think the Evo’s battery life is worse if using the stock battery.

tide_rulz

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah, if i went EVO, i would definitely get that 3500 mah battery. But a day to day and a half battery life seems pretty good. If i can make it to the end of the day and just have to plug it in overnight, i could easily live with that. Have you heard about a bigger battery (besides the tiny one in the stickies) out?

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I have been getting double the battery life after I installed Startup Auditor (disables DRM) and Power Control Plus (allows me to manually disable 3G at work since I have a weak signal there). I also use Juice Defender sometimes to automatically control 3G data whenever the screen shuts off.

tide_rulz

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been getting double the battery life after I installed Startup Auditor (disables DRM) and Power Control Plus (allows me to manually disable 3G at work since I have a weak signal there). I also use Juice Defender sometimes to automatically control 3G data whenever the screen shuts off.

so, are you getting a full day's worth? more than a day?

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
seidio recently came out with a 1600mah battery vs the 1500 that came with the phone.

its nice cuz it is the same physical size as the 1500 battery. so no need for a new battery back that adds bulk.

also i can easily get through a day wtih normal use. its days with heavy use that i need to charge it.
but either way i can easily go from 6am to around 6 pm without a charge and decent usage

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
After a full day starting at 5, at around 6pm I still have about 65-75% of battery left and can leave it overnight and will still be around mid-high 50s by next day. Before I was having to recharge almost 3x per day. It really is the data connection that uses most of the idle power.

esuuuu09

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I have had my epic for about 2 weeks. For the first week, i was like wtf, this phone doesn't even last half a day. I used to use task killer and auto kill everything after the screen dims, lowest display, and used startup cleaner.

Now, it usually lasts about 15 hours without task killer, moderate calling (hours worth), some angry birds, navigation here and there and constant texting.

What I did was use up all the battery, then charge to full, and repeated. something worked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis