Bye Bye DK28

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
After several random resets, lag in loading my launcher and delay in my app drawer in loading my apps I've got to say goodbye. I've dealt with the minor glitches and I've endured the occasional resets here and there but 3 times in one day isn't going to work. I loved it while it lasted and I anxiously await the official. But I must allow my experience with DK28 to R.I.P.

How is everyone else's experiences?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
After several random resets, lag in loading my launcher and delay in my app drawer in loading my apps I've got to say goodbye. I've dealt with the minor glitches and I've endured the occasional resets here and there but 3 times in one day isn't going to work. I loved it while it lasted and I anxiously await the official. But I must allow my experience with DK28 to R.I.P.

It's been pointed out in the past that a lot of the problems people have been experiencing is when they didn't wipe their device clean before flashing DK28 - did you do this?

capitaltpt

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

I'm in the same boat as you. After a call dropped and the phone froze up I said goodbye to DK28 as well. And to answer the second post, YES, I wiped everything three times before installing. I've got the patience to wait for the official release. Until then, SyndicateRom serves me well.

alientech

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I had every problem with DK28 described on this forum. Went back to DI18, did factory reset, reinstalled DK28. Now, not a single issue. Everything works great. My Epic is better than ever.

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a number of issues as well, but swapped phones a week or so back and reflashed DK28 and it's doing much better... I have to say, midNIGHT is the only ROM I've found though with even remotely decent battery life...probably because it has a modified kernel... anything I ran with stock kernel on DK28 sucked my battery's will to live...

Now with Gingerbread leaked, is it possible we could get Ginger betas before we get official Froyo?

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have found it odd how some have problems and some have not. I cannot go back to 2.1 as I was one of the unlucky ones and my GPS was 100% non-functional and it has worked perfectly since I installed the leak on DAY 1.. Did not do any wipes at all, just updated to a perfectly working system *thus far* (knock on wood). I try to keep apps from installing to my SD as I feel that adds some delay..

signothefish

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I have found it odd how some have problems and some have not. I cannot go back to 2.1 as I was one of the unlucky ones and my GPS was 100% non-functional and it has worked perfectly since I installed the leak on DAY 1.. Did not do any wipes at all, just updated to a perfectly working system *thus far* (knock on wood). I try to keep apps from installing to my SD as I feel that adds some delay..

For the GPS, when you go back to DK18, first get a GPS lock and install the DK28 modem, and then the DK28 full install. That should take care of your modem issues. If not, install GPS Status and reset the cached AGPS data. See this post.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
For the GPS, when you go back to DK18, first get a GPS lock and install the DK28 modem, and then the DK28 full install. That should take care of your modem issues. If not, install GPS Status and reset the cached AGPS data. See this post.

I think you mis-read that :) I stated I now have a pefectly working system since day one of upgrading to the leak...

mac man

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving DK28. The only glitch i'm having is that after 3-4 days of not rebooting, the phone keeps resetting its self after putting it in sleep mode. I simply reboot it, and it is fine for another 3-4 days.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
hey guys where can i get a good DK28. I had it in my old Epic but it got crushed. I found a DK28 but this one makes my phone to lag a lot.

SomeAudioGuy

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I can totally understand the OP going back. I would too if I didn't like having Flash in my web browser. I KNOW performance is better in DK28, but the perception of performance is important too. Even on TrulyEpic, I'll get the occasional lag when switching the homescreen to landscape, and that can be maddening waiting for your shortcuts to refresh.

There's really very little holding me to the leaked 2.2. We don't even have bluetooth voice dialing...

spectator52

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't even imagine running 2.1 now let alone touch wiz. I was really hesitant at first as I am a little new to rooting but I read the instructions carefully and followed everything to a T...Now running Froyo with truly epic rom is the best thing in the world!
I would suggest giving it another shot!

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I am having similar problems with DK28, in both the Truly Epic and Quantum ROMs that I've tried. Wipe x3, Odin to 2.1, GPS lock, install the 2.2 ROM and ext4 and DK28 modem, and it is better.... for a while. Then all over again, with the same problems as above.... slow launcher, GPS drops when you really need it. Never had lost/froze phone calls though. But reinstalling takes a lot of time.

So I tried going back to 2.1 after Quantum. Sucked! DK28 isn't perfect by a long shot - that is obviously why Sprint didn't release it. But apps2SD and interface that doesn't look designed by a high-school computing class make it a nicer experience overall. Just have to reinstall every 2 weeks, lol! At least the devs give us a shot at it while Sprint and Samsung poke around trying to fix Samsung's messed up hardware.

I just wish there was a way to save browser passwords between re-installs, as that is the most painful part of re-installing.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I Flashed DK28 with odin and haven't had problems. I did before and went back to DI18, but missed Flash. Now I have no issues. EXT4 makes it much faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa