qik video chat not working

Slydragon

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
When I tried mine on Xmas with my aunt it did not work, so I updated both of them from the market with the latest qik app and when I called her I used her qik user name and not her phone number that qik brings up. Also both of us had to have the qik running and waiting to receive the call.

Got it working but the video sucks, our head were tall and smush.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Remember if your contact you are trying to QIK with has more than one phone number, make sure the cell phone is the number one phone in that contact because QIK tries to connect with the first number in a contact's list of numbers regardless of whether it is a cell number or not, and will never connect...

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
My friend has another epic, and we can't seem to connect to video chat. What's going on?

Have you set it up correctly?
Does your friend's name show in the list so you can connect?

How come I'm using and it's working just perfect.

It's like people don't know how to use a pc but they blame windows for not working.

JoseN305

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten it to work after figuring out to use their qik username and not their phone number. Even when we do connect their are still problems, if i call someone my mic button doesnt show up but if someone else calls me (my brothers mytouch4g) it does BUT if my friend on his evo calls me there is no mic button.

When we figured it out, it was rather nice to see the other person.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
- The "Talk" button only shows up when the 1st person stops talking
- After the 2nd person stops talking the "Talk" button either disables or disappears.

If you don't see the button, hang up and call again. Call from Epic to Evo or vice/versa and check in which case the button doesn't show.