Android SMS Bug on Epic?

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
There have been 2 articles on the main AC page in the last few days about the SMS bug that Android is experiencing. Have any of the fellow Epic 4G users out there experienced this bug? I am using Handcent and haven't had any issues (that I know of) and I send and receive tons and tons of SMS texts each day. Anyone else out there noticing anything weird or strange? Thanks...

Here are the articles I mentioned for anyone that doesn't regularly check the AC homepage...

SMS bug article #1 - What it is and what you need to do

SMS bug article #2 - More about the bug

whatev

Nov 3, 2010
twitter.com
I haven't read to AC posts yet, but I'm an Epic 4G user using google voice and stock everything and I've been experiencing an issue where the texts appear to have been received at a different time then they actually were (in the future no less).

seand26

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Whatev, update your PRL and/or contact your carrier.

I still have yet to experience the issue described. I am on an Epic as well.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I have not experienced this on the Epic. I DID experience it on the Evo and returned the phone the next day. Luckily for me it was an embarrassing, but not damning, mistake. I thought it was user error and figured that the lack of a keyboard made me hit the wrong button.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I experienced it one time. A friend of mine texted me a question, I responded by hitting the reply button and my reply went to my wife who was sitting right next to me. My friend did not get the reply until I sent it again even though my phone showed that it was a conversation between me and him it also showed my wifes name. Only happened that one time.

All stock Epic.