Messaging app force closing

Nickles0n

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My Samsung epic keeps getting force close issues with the messaging app and with android processes. Like the phone is forcing the android os to close. I've hard reset my phone, I got handcent sms app in case it was my messaging app that was acting up. But my phone is still not recieving phone calls sometimes and I'm missing important texts. If there are any suggestions out there i'm all ears but I might take this to best buy to see what's up.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My guess is you have installed an app that's not compatible with your phone. Before taking the phone back... remove any apps that are associated with messaging. Most times these unknown issues could cause a conflict between the application and the phone.

Good luck.

Nickles0n

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I started having these problems before I installed any apps though. I installed the apps so it would stop. I'll factory reset my phone tonight, because I can't right now, but I already did that and my phone is still force closing everything.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Might be a bad OS flash type problem.... Should be rare but I know it happened to me when I did my first *official* update.. After that, I decided to just root the sucker and re-install myself (you don't have to root to reinstall an *official* OS). If you don't want to go that route then just take it back to Best Buy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty