Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What will happen if I format my SD card?

I don't care about application settings (I'll live without my Angry Birds levels, etc.).

I am playing around with flashing new ROMs and in the process I kind of want to clean house. All the pics are in Picasa, all my contacts, email, cal are on Google. Music is all on my PC and I can copy it again later..

So, will I hurt anything if I just format the SD card?

I notice there is a ClockworkMod folder in there with backup data, which I suppose I don't want to lose, so I guess when I said Format, I really meant (delete everything but ClockworkMod folder).

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Rooted Stock

You can back up and reformat if you wish... as long as you are sure won't need anything else... Just keep in mind that some apps/widgets store data & settings on your SD card which you will lose back up or no back up...

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    aosp v41 (until he update

Just hook to computer and copy everything onto a file on desktop. That is what I did. I don't know why you want to format, but you would have access to everything on card just in case.
    P.S. I do this anyway just because I don't trust the cloud. It also paid off when my card crashed for no reason, forced format to operate, and just loaded everything back not dependent on apps, etc.