Bluetooth problems = System sounds low after using

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Phone Volume muffled after using Bluetooth.

After disconnecting my BT and turning off bluetooth on my Epic my phone Volume is "muffled" even though it is al the way turned up..media sounds are stuck in a low volume

when I reset the phone it is ok..

anyone else experiencing this?

Epic Froyo 2.2 DK28

Last edited:

wokao118

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
i got the same problem. just got my Motorola h17 BT. after using it and turned it off, the phone volume got lowered till i barely able to hear it. check the volume setting and it did not get changed at all. after restarting the phone everything went back to normal. any one know a solution to this?

Reactions: Addie_Goodvibes

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
i got the same problem. just got my Motorola h17 BT. after using it and turned it off, the phone volume got lowered till i barely able to hear it. check the volume setting and it did not get changed at all. after restarting the phone everything went back to normal. any one know a solution to this?

Thank you for the reply.....
Same exact thing that happens to me with my BlueAnt T1
Anyone have any ideas on hwy it happens and how to fix

I am running DK28 no custom ROM

Last edited:

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Still having this issue after using Blueant blue tooth, everytime after using it to mak calls ect.. when I turn it off on the Epic , My Epics Media and ringer volume are way down even when I have Volume maxed out..

Anyone sle experiencing this? is there a Fix.

I am running Epic 4g DK28.

big3etr

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
when you say the volume is low, are you sure all audio is not being routed through the earpiece instead of the speaker? That is the issue I've had with every ROM I've tried since I got this phone in november. Try it again. Use the bluetooth, then when you notice the volume being low, put the phone to your ear and report back if the audio is coming through the earpiece! also get a crackling noise through the earpiece. BTW I use the Motorola S305 stereo headphones.

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I have had my epic connected to SYNC on my truck for 6 months with no problems. Suddenly I am having issues. I tried deleting all of the devices out of SYNC's memory and then re-pairing them. However I still have trouble with the Bluetooth connecting automatically. Even when I am a long ways away from the truck, the phone says that it is still bluetooth connected and doesn't reconnect when i get back in the truck.

Any ideas?

tektoys

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
what i've been experiencing is that after i disconnect BT (i've got the jawbone icon) is that audio is only coming out of the earpiece on the handset not the external speaker BUT only if i have an alert/notification go off before i've turned BT off otherwise it's ok, the only fix is to reboot the phone once it does happen

bmbags

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
when you say the volume is low, are you sure all audio is not being routed through the earpiece instead of the speaker? That is the issue I've had with every ROM I've tried since I got this phone in november. Try it again. Use the bluetooth, then when you notice the volume being low, put the phone to your ear and report back if the audio is coming through the earpiece! also get a crackling noise through the earpiece. BTW I use the Motorola S305 stereo headphones.

This is the problem I have with my Jawbone Prime as well. Bluetooth shows connected even though the sound is not coming through the headset.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok it so several replies are describing a few unique yet different issues.

I have no problems with connecting my BT, sound is going through BT when its connected. when using BT everything works perfectly.

The only problems I am experiencing is when I disconnect & turn off my BT, the phones sounds including ringer , media volume are stuck in a low setting even when I toggle everything to max volume. the only solution is to reboot my phone.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site

Have you found a fix to this? the funny thing is my plantronics BT worked fine, ( my 3 year old lost my plantronics BT:( ) My BlueAnt t1 is what is giving me problems.

Would love to find a fix for this.

I am running 2.2 DK28

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you found a fix to this? the funny thing is my plantronics BT worked fine, ( my 3 year old lost my plantronics BT:( ) My BlueAnt t1 is what is giving me problems.

Would love to find a fix for this.

I am running 2.2 DK28

I have a 2 diff headsets a Motorola h12 and a blue ant q1 when using the H12 all works well but when i use my blue ant it changes all my sounds ODD but only when i use my blue ant... I hate that thing any ways and never use it try a diff bt headset and see what that does...

Onyx Panthyr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok it so several replies are describing a few unique yet different issues.

I have no problems with connecting my BT, sound is going through BT when its connected. when using BT everything works perfectly.

The only problems I am experiencing is when I disconnect & turn off my BT, the phones sounds including ringer , media volume are stuck in a low setting even when I toggle everything to max volume. the only solution is to reboot my phone.

I've had this exact problem too - muffled sound after turning off bluetooth headset, had to reboot to fix. Running DK28 with midNIGHT 3.1.

What I've been doing to get around it is to toggle off bluetooth on my phone then turn off my headset. Used a jabra bt5020, now using a jabra wave (and loving it!). Let me know how that works for you.

Might be switching to EB18 and midNIGHT 4.1 next week if I have time to mess with my phone. If the fix stops working for me after I do it, I'll let you know.