Sprint's Samsung Epic 4g Official Froyo EB13

How did your update to EB13 go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

narf

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That's the source code. You still have to compile it to use it. Give the developers a day or two to chew on it. I'm guessing there will be a few custom EB13 roms out before the official release on Monday.

Hurray!

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I do not want to wait till monday but I am a complete newb and need detailed instructions for the update. Will they be available? I don't know how to flash anything or what kernels are. I mean DETAILED instructions please.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I already downloaded it. Nothing flashable, just the source code. We'll have to wait until Monday, but at least this confirms our current release date.

The good news: overclocked kernels, here we come!

_Bak_

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You can only flash this with odin right now I think.

If you want to flash this with CWM3 then you'll have to wait till someone make a .zip for it

Ah ok, saw the 2 above it and thought they were all .zip's... Probably better to just wait really, I hate that 4 letter word though lol.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Expect an avalanche of ROMs on day one. I'm REALLY hoping Hero_Over comes back and updates Baked Snack. God I love that ROM/kernel.

rgentry23

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Best thing about this, that I can see, is we are one step closer to 2.3. I bought my Epic in Dec. and put TrulyEpic on it a few weeks later. I've not regretted it, but would love to have a taste of gingerbread.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Okay simple (maybe silly) question: the OTA update will start on Monday and roll out to users "depending on their status on the Google servers" or somesuch. What does this mean, exactly, i.e., when can one expect to actually get the update?

erhovie

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping sometime soon (before Monday) a change log is released so I can see the difference between DK28 and EB13 to decide what if anything I want to do.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
How will I ever choose? These forums should be really busy next week.

They'll all be mostly the same at first - deodexed, zipaligned, and other basic stuff. It won't get hard to choose for several days, maybe a week or two.

Okay simple (maybe silly) question: the OTA update will start on Monday and roll out to users "depending on their status on the Google servers" or somesuch. What does this mean, exactly, i.e., when can one expect to actually get the update?

Sometime between 2/21 and 2/25. Or if you're like me, you'll update on day 1 manually :D (keep checking post #1 for manual update links/instructions).

Reactions: Biggnaa20

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

You cannot push the update to everyone because of bandwidth and other limitations. Google has some sort of algorithm they are using to determine when to push. My 2 cents is that everyone will have it in a couple of days, at least that is how it happens with most of the other vendors.

If I had a stock phone I would surely wait for the official OTA upgrade. No use trashing your warranty to save a few days.

Reactions: Devtodi

Gersonian

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
With all the reading I've done, this is still fuzzy to me.

I have my stock epic with root, no roms or any kernels, but using LP. Will this update make me lose all of my settings, screen setting preferences etc? Or will everything be untouched and the upgrade will be transparent, and the only way I would know is to go into the "about phone" settings

I am guessing this will leave all your programs alone as I stated above?, or is this upgrade significant enough for the upgrade to do a full ground zero erase before it updates you from 2.1 to 2.2?

Thanks!

Not sure if this has been answered, but LP has a backup and restore option so you can recreate your setup.

eltoozero

Feb 1, 2011
www.destruc.tv
Sweet, my Sprint Account Manager forwarded me a copy of the *official* Sprint release notice.

Nothing new to add, all the relevant text has already been posted in the OP, but I'm not in rumor mode anymore.

unorthatrox

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping sometime soon (before Monday) a change log is released so I can see the difference between DK28 and EB13 to decide what if anything I want to do.
Doubt we'll see a change log involving DK28 as it is not native to us. From what I can tell we will likely see some new drivers and such. I don't know if that'll be useful to any rims keeping on the ext ds.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

datmamiunv

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a noob question, will the option of changing the bottom home screen icons(widgets) be available once the Epic gets froyo?

Ex: replacing the standard messaging icon with handcent sms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87