Issues with widgets with new Froyo update

androidjobe

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just updated using the update.zip and everything works fine. Only issue I have is that i no longer have the ability to add a widget for the music player and some apps are no longer on my add widget function.

Anyone else have this issue? or know how to add it?

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I assume you were on 2.1 prior to the update. Samsung removed the widget for music in the DK28 froyo release and it now appears in your notification bar when playing music. There is an app called Samsung Galaxy S Music Widget by Demboos that should give you the music widget back.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I did just confirm that widgets are still disappearing when moving an app to your SD card though.

Give it a shot. Place a widget on your screen for a program that can be moved to sd. Then move the app to sd card and let us know if the widget is still on your screen and or if its still on your widgets list.

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I did just confirm that widgets are still disappearing when moving an app to your SD card though.

Give it a shot. Place a widget on your screen for a program that can be moved to sd. Then move the app to sd card and let us know if the widget is still on your screen and or if its still on your widgets list.

I am sure you just have to reload the widget again once you moved it and everything will be fine.

muskrat2k1

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
As far as apps with widgets, I've always heard that it's best NOT to move those to the SD card to ensure full functionality of the widget.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
My experience is that widgets for a number of apps (e.g., Evernote, Flashlight) are not available unless the app is running from the phone. And, if you move to SD, you have to 1) move to phone and 2) reboot for the widgets to show up again in the list.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@all there are some known issues moving apps to sdcard. We had some problems with certain launchers not responding well to apps on sdcard also. This is more or less of a trial and error thing.

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been on 2.2 for a while now, as I have an EVO. You will notice nearly all if not all widgets will no longer be available when the application is moved to SD. I am not familiar with why but it is not specific to the epic. Just be conscious of this when deciding what to move and what not. I also recommend APP 2 SD found in the market. It will speed up the migration process

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noteshome