New Touchscreen Issue

mk223

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I believe that this is a new issue, as I havent found anything similar on the web or this forum.

My epic started doing something wierd a few hours ago as I first tried to unlock the phone, but the screen wouldnt recognize my touch, so I couldnt unlock it. I pulled the battery and then I was able to unlock the phone and the screen seemed responsive, until I flipped out the keyboard.

When I have the keyboard out and the screen in landscape, touch is not registered at all. I can go back to vertical with the keyboard the the screen will register touches again, but only for a few minutes and then the phone is completely unresponsive to touch.

I have used the *#2664# - Touchscreen Accuracy Test, and its funny to see it work vertically, but when put into landscape its just dead.

*I have also done 2 factory resets and the phone has 2.2

I plan on going to a store tomorrow, but didnt know if anyone else has had this issue before.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have to ask you... When this happens, is the phone plugged into the charger? Because flaky touchscreen is a known issue when plugged into a charger.

Sent from my Epic using Tapatalk

mk223

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have to ask you... When this happens, is the phone plugged into the charger? Because flaky touchscreen is a known issue when plugged into a charger.

Sent from my Epic using Tapatalk

This happens when its not plugged in. And its annoying because i dont knowvif its hardware or software related.

*I wanted to add that I just noticed that when listening to music, when I slide out the keyboard, the music slows down and I hear some crackling, so its becoming more of a hardware issue I would think.

Last edited: