Won't send texts

thebullfrog

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Epic today. Man, do I LOVE this thing. But there's a problem. I can't send texts. To anyone. Every message it just says "message not sent" after a few seconds. Any thoughts, it's driving me a bit nuts. I've tried rebooting, updating profile, updating PRL, setting contacts to mobile, out of ideas.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Epic today. Man, do I LOVE this thing. But there's a problem. I can't send texts. To anyone. Every message it just says "message not sent" after a few seconds. Any thoughts, it's driving me a bit nuts. I've tried rebooting, updating profile, updating PRL, setting contacts to mobile, out of ideas.

assuming you are stock and didnt do anything else , try a factory reset

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

I just did that. Now it says I need to update my profile, but it keeps failing. ugh. And yeah still stock 100% stock.

the phone work at all?

thebullfrog

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah thats the weird thing. It'll make calls, recieve texts, go to voicemail, internet, whatever just fine. But if I use the "i need help" thing in the Sprint zone it says it fails the voice connection and tells me to update profile, which then fails due to no connection. Same with updating PRL.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
the phone work at all?

Yeah thats the weird thing. It'll make calls, recieve texts, go to voicemail, internet, whatever just fine. But if I use the "i need help" thing in the Sprint zone it says it fails the voice connection and tells me to update profile, which then fails due to no connection. Same with updating PRL.

i dont have an epic so i dont know what I need help thing is all about, and beyond this i cant help you without flashing new firmware on your phone...but if you just bought it today i would take it back to sprint and tell them you want a new one

thebullfrog

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
O.M.F.G.
So get this: I tried calling my other phone (again) and this time it redirected to the Sprint activation, activated, and everything works. I didn't realize it had to be activated still, especially since the call just went through last time. Must have been a glitch on Sprint's end. All is well now lol.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
O.M.F.G.
So get this: I tried calling my other phone (again) and this time it redirected to the Sprint activation, activated, and everything works. I didn't realize it had to be activated still, especially since the call just went through last time. Must have been a glitch on Sprint's end. All is well now lol.

ok great to know , good info if it happens to others. glad you are up and running