What apps do you use most?

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
What apps do you use most? The facebook/twitter widget is number one on my list for most used, but it has a lot of room from improvement. In the home skype gets used the most due to poor cell coverage. And outside I would say google nav is my most used. Even in areas I am familiar with I still use it for reference and incase I have a craving for that unknown restaurant the epic can show me the way.

I made a short video covering the homepage apps.

YouTube - Samsung Epic 4g Android Apps

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Currently:
Games:
1. Guerilla Bob
2. Impossible level game
3. Moron test?
4. Castle warriors
5. Jet car stunts
6. Glow Hockey

Reg apps:
1. Cam Scanner(makes good pdfs)
2. Speed test app.
3. Sound hound/Shazam(been finding lots of great tunes lately.
4. Kindle
5. Dirty Jokes
6. All that stuff OP said

OLD TIMES:
Games:
1. NFS SHIFT
2. Radiant
3. Speedx 3d
4. PSX
5. Games by gameloft
Reg Apps:
1. Hypno Toad
2. Instant Heartrate(i stopped working out with precision)
3. iQuran and Prayer times(I approximate times)
4. engadget

All these apps are great BTW. 100% approved and tested by me.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Most used has to be Pure Messenger.. Twitter, FB, SMS, Email all in one.. I love it. I would have paid 4 times the price.. Widgetsoid is a must to me also. Then there is Dolphin HD, Angry Birds (duh right?), Catch, Splashtop, LauncherPro Plus,.....

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
most used apps for me is....
Go Launcher
TeleNav GPS Navigator
Google Maps
Handcent
Pure Calendar Agenda
Pure Calendar Grid
Pure Messenger
K-9 FP
Beautiful Weather Widget
Quick App Clean Cache
Astro
Dolphin Browser
Quick Settings
Notes
Slacker
Pandora

Most used games.....
Need For Speed
X-Plane
Angry Birds

Last edited:

robyn25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Most used for me:

LauncherPro Plus <- love it.
Handcent
Smooth Calendar Widget<- love this too. Easy. simple. works.
Beautiful Widgets
Weatherbug
Flikie Wallpaper HD <- great backgrounds!
OI Safe

Things I have to have running to operate the way I want:

Timeriffic <- set up custom profiles according to time and day almost any options available.. I have it set to auto turn off only notifications on work nights and then auto turn them back on at 6am the nxt day.

Missed call <- because I wasn't getting repeating alerts if I missed a phone call but they didn't leave a msg or anything.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Seesmic (Twitter)
Handcent
Gmail
WinAmp
Tunewiki ( Shoutcast works flawlessly)
Google Listen & Doggcatcher ( podcasts on my daily comute)
Google Voice ( international calls )
Astro File manager

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Words with Friends
Score Mobile
News and Weather stock app
Dolphin HD browser
Engadget
My Cast Lite
Jorte
Facebook

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Favorite Apps:
Moola
Stock massaging
Stock email
Sprint Navigation
Launcher pro plus
Power amp
Stock Browser
Sirius XM

Apps I want removed but can't:
NASCAR
Facebook
Sprint TV
Sprint Zone

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Favorite Apps:
Moola
Stock massaging
Stock email
Sprint Navigation
Launcher pro plus
Power amp
Stock Browser
Sirius XM

Apps I want removed but can't:
NASCAR
Facebook
Sprint TV
Sprint Zone

If you root it you can pick and choose which sprint apps you want on it

decaydance99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I use
1. GoLauncher Ex

2 Go Sms

3 gReader pro

4 plug in launcher (launches certain apps whn you plug audio cord or USB cable...extra

5. Winamp

6. Tapatalk!!

sent from my big red fasN8 using tapatalk pro

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Root explorer
AMLauncher (can't wait until the dev updates it)
Weatherbug
ES File Explorer (built in LAN access makes transfering files from device to my home network back n forth so nice)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I can not root my phone.

Keith, just cut to the chase already and say "you choose not to root your phone for your own personal reasons, not that it can't be done." :)

Trust me its not like there is a running list somewhere in Sprints or Sammy's database of "known" rooters that are going against warranty terms. If there is I want to be #1 on the list. !!! I'm rooted and proud of it, Sprint knows it , Sammy knows it and Google knows it....

Heck a week ago I was at my local Sprint repair place getting my daughters Pixi replaced, he saw my phone running my ACE ROM. He asked is that stock or rooted ? I looked at him and said what do you think? AOSP lockscreen, AMLauncher, SetCPU overclocked widget on my homescreen... Ya its all stock baby.... LOL.... He looked he liked it....

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Keith, just cut to the chase already and say "you choose not to root your phone for your own personal reasons, not that it can't be done." :)

Trust me its not like there is a running list somewhere in Sprints or Sammy's database of "known" rooters that are going against warranty terms. If there is I want to be #1 on the list. !!! I'm rooted and proud of it, Sprint knows it , Sammy knows it and Google knows it....

Heck a week ago I was at my local Sprint repair place getting my daughters Pixi replaced, he saw my phone running my ACE ROM. He asked is that stock or rooted ? I looked at him and said what do you think? AOSP lockscreen, AMLauncher, SetCPU overclocked widget on my homescreen... Ya its all stock baby.... LOL.... He looked he liked it....

No I can't. I've tried and destroyed a nook color and will not destroy this much more expensive epic. Tried to install froyo on my nook and it is now nothing more than an expensive coaster.

Some people just CAN'T grasp your very complicated instructions.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No I can't. I've tried and destroyed a nook color and will not destroy this much more expensive epic. Tried to install froyo on my nook and it is now nothing more than an expensive coaster.

Some people just CAN'T grasp your very complicated instructions.

Sounds like you need to contact one of the Advisers or Mods over in the Nook section. I'm not sure how the Nook is setup but if its like our Epics, if you can get into Download Mode (which is used when using Odin) to do a factory reset/restore then it can most likely be fixed. If its a "coaster" then you really have nothing to loose at this point, its worth a try...

I'm sure if your straight out honest with them about your rooting skills they will walk you step by step, some advisers/mods have even offered a more personal approach by working with you over GTalk or other means of one on one messaging to help you threw the process.

tntdroid, is one of the mods over in the Nook Color section. He can or knows where to direct you to get you help.

Just a thought Keith.

Last edited: