Battery died and apps "Force Close" now

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I figured this would be a common problem but couldnt find a post for it-

Last night, my phone's battery died completely- my fault for not plugging it in before going to sleep.

This morning, while plugged in and the power is back to at least 20%, all of my apps are force closing before they can even start- even after a power off and reboot.

I figure I'm SOL and will have to reinstall clean again with Titanium, but has this happened to anyone else? My old TouchPro2 would spring back to life wihtout problems if its battery died.

drekosh

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If you are running a ROM without journaling it is quite possible something got corrupted. If not, then I'm not sure.
Although, it sounds like you are rooted since you are using Titanium so you could restore a backup from Nandroid if you have one.

Reactions: scoob

narf

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yup, what he said. You don't mention it but I'd guess you are running and EXT4 ROM without journaling. The down side of these roms is that any time the phone dies without a normal shutdown you risk file corruption. Sound like a data restore is in your future,

aristarchus

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yup, agree with others. Incidentally, if you don't want this to happen in the future,youj can turn journalling back on bby making a backup in clockworkmod and immediately restoring it. The clockworkmod formating will enable journaling. If you want to keep journaling off, you need to reflash the rom.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanx for the tips.
I did have journaling on via Chris41g's Mod's EC05 tar in the hacks forum.
I "Titanium'ed" back to where I was before last night.

Lesson learned, but a strange and harsh lesson it was.