Launchers

ggbballer96

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys
I cant seem to choose a launcher to use
I mainly want one that will let me create folders in my app drawer while using the least amount of battery
Thanks in advance :)

carnageaf

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Trying a new one

I was/am a long time LauncherPro Plus guy but I am testing out the Go Launcher and so far I like it. Very similar to LPP.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind rooting and deep customizing, I was able to make folders both on the home screens and in the app drawer of TouchWiz 4 (the Epic comes stock with TW3). Head on up to the rooting section and see if you're comfortable with the directions. I've come to like using TW over the other non-stock launchers, although on my Intercept using Launcher Pro and Go, both were really good, with advantages of each. There is nothing saying you can't install a couple and bounce back and forth until you find the one that works best for YOU.

JrrInTN

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Folders like you"re describing is the exact reason I use Go Launcher EX. It makes it super easy to create folders and mange them with the app drawer and on home screens. I tried all the others, but none do the folders as well IMO.

fintablayze

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd say its a toss up between launcher pro (plus) and go launcher EX. Both are very good and have similarities, but i personally use LPP because i love the HTC style calendar and bookmark widgets :D. But of course you do have to pay for the plus..

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
It's not a Launcher- but I LOVE Folder Organizer. Yes is a couple bucks- but you can make folders use ANY app as an icon- it has backup so it can remember the position of the folder on your homescreens the icon, the name and the contents. (unless you have to reload the apps..) I have no app shortcuts on my homescreens- instead I have folders w/ associated icons- a radio for music apps, store for different shopping and market apps, etc. Now I only need to go to my app tray for much lesser used applications. I also have a folder of speeddials, phone settings and navigation shortcuts (one of my most used folders) I do not have the ability to put folders in the app tray however- but using folder organizer you can group your apps into categories and using that app's start page never need the application drawer and go to a corresponding group.

He has another app just for grouping apps rather than the folder functionality - but Folder Organizer does so much more and nearly duplicates the app grouping functions.

I use Launcher Pro Plus- largely due to the great scrollable and now themeable widgets...just wish he'd add an RSS reader...

Go launcher is ok- but it's been very buggy for me months ago and the lack of widgets really limits my desire to use it.

Reactions: hokuSai101

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have no widgets. Even on my computer, I have a hard time allowing programs to run in the background. I use launcher pro plus. but don't know why I paid for it because (as I just said) I don't use widgets or themes or any of the options the paid version provides.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana