Seriously considering Nexus devices from now on

Cool-Man

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Here's another really bad problem. Many people have a "one-way calling" problem where suddenly the person on the other end can't hear you talk anymore. The 4.0.4 update didn't fix and it's been going on since day 1.

Issue 24019: Galaxy Nexus mutes mid-call

Otherwise it's a great Android device, but it's not much of a "phone". Not everybody seems to have this problem, but for those who do, even replacing the phone doesn't fix the problem. It seems to be related to where you use the phone.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Here's another really bad problem. Many people have a "one-way calling" problem where suddenly the person on the other end can't hear you talk anymore. The 4.0.4 update didn't fix and it's been going on since day 1.

Issue 24019: Galaxy Nexus mutes mid-call

Otherwise it's a great Android device, but it's not much of a "phone". Not everybody seems to have this problem, but for those who do, even replacing the phone doesn't fix the problem. It seems to be related to where you use the phone.

i wouldn't be surprised if this "problem" is user error. like people hitting the MUTE button by accident while on the call and not realizing it. kind of like hitting the gas pedal instead of the brakes on a new Lexus and then blaming the car.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If Apple wins this law suit we may never see another Nexus.

Sent from my GneX via Tapatalk

Lmao are you serious? They may halt sales but to rid the Nexus brand altogether? That will never happen. Take a deep breath and relax. This is Google we are talking about.

Cool-Man

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
i wouldn't be surprised if this "problem" is user error. like people hitting the MUTE button by accident while on the call and not realizing it. kind of like hitting the gas pedal instead of the brakes on a new Lexus and then blaming the car.

You can look at the phone when it gets into this state and it isn't muted. Also, often, the person at the other end can hear garbled stutters of sound coming from the phone...suggesting that a radio or microphone problem is to blame. Tons of people have had this problem and even the Jelly Bean update that some are downloading and installing doesn't fix it.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
You can look at the phone when it gets into this state and it isn't muted. Also, often, the person at the other end can hear garbled stutters of sound coming from the phone...suggesting that a radio or microphone problem is to blame. Tons of people have had this problem and even the Jelly Bean update that some are downloading and installing doesn't fix it.

User error. Fingers covering microphone. You're holding it wrong.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
After winning an EVO 4G LTE & using it for about a week or so I can't wait to get back to my Nexus, especially now that JB is here. I'm sticking with the NEXUS brand from here on out as well. Depending on the screen, I would probably choose between Motorola or HTC if availible. I really like Samsung but man their radios are garbage compared to the others.

stephylee09

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I've had lots of Android phones and the iPhones Gnex is my favorite by far. I do have the unlocked GSM version and you can use that on any GSM carrier without having to lock yourself into a contract.

I only buy the unlocked Nexus phones, now. First to get updates. No contract. Etc. :D

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had lots of Android phones and the iPhones Gnex is my favorite by far. I do have the unlocked GSM version and you can use that on any GSM carrier without having to lock yourself into a contract.

I only buy the unlocked Nexus phones, now. First to get updates. No contract. Etc. :D

I get where you're coming from. But Sprint has unlimited and I just can't see myself leaving anytime soon. I'm a power user lol. If Sprint gets rid of that...then yeah I'm going GSM unlocked. Hell, I may still go that route once the new Nexus comes this fall. A new Nexus at a good price on the play store.....hard to pass up this time around.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm all-in on the next Nexus phone. Sick and tired of laggy updates from Sprint and the OEMs. Gotta have a better camera than the current one though. I agree that a Moto Nexus would be awesome as you'd hafta imagine support from both the carrier and manufacturer would be pristine.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Sold my evo 4g lte and got a galaxy nexus. The cameras not as good but other than that I really like it. I have my free extended battery from Sprint arriving tomorrow so hopefully that helps with the poor battery life.

I was worried about poor reception and crappy radios but so far they're not too bad. Definitely not as strong a signal as the ltevo.

Most of all, no Sense! Love stock android and while I could have loaded cm10 on the ltevo it is buggy and will always lag behind cm10 for nexus devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

_MARS1010

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I made the decision to stay Nexus as soon as I got one. Patiently awaiting the LG Nexus 4 now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch