Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB // CM10 JB

Default Re: Free Battery! Nexus only

Quote Originally Posted by smtf97 View Post
    not correct... I dont even have my Nexus yet and I used the link I provided earlier... no problems, just $6.50 for shipping.
    I tried that link and it kept sending me back to purchase a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by julesR View Post
    I tried that link and it kept sending me back to purchase a phone.
    they changed it around or something... this morning I got one and my brother got 2 without even having a phone, got the link from xda earlier.
    Last edited by smtf97; 08-19-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smtf97 View Post
    not correct... I dont even have my Nexus yet and I used the link I provided earlier... no problems, just $6.50 for shipping.
    The shipping and handling and tax varies from state to state.

And the website states that you need to "BUY THIS PHONE" to do the promo online.

Just going with what I see

**edit**
    but it also say's in my account that I qualify for the promo online, but it keeps redirecting me to buy a damn phone. Odd
    Last edited by GenericMessage; 08-19-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    I'm back..............

They the deal is only for those who are buying the phone with the battery and to get it I have to upgrade or open a new line. I already have the phone. I've tried 5 times.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB // CM10 JB

Quote Originally Posted by mled203 View Post
    They the deal is only for those who are buying the phone with the battery and to get it I have to upgrade or open a new line. I already have the phone. I've tried 5 times.

I already have to phone too. I simply said "If I had known this promo was coming I would have waited to order." and they gave it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericMessage View Post
    The shipping and handling and tax varies from state to state.

And the website states that you need to "BUY THIS PHONE" to do the promo online.

Just going with what I see

**edit**
    but it also say's in my account that I qualify for the promo online, but it keeps redirecting me to buy a damn phone. Odd
    yeah... something changed over the last 8 hours or so... it didnt make you get the phone when i did it

hopefully we didn't all also inadvertently buy another G-Nex in the process. lost in translation!

If I am unable to get an intelligent service rep to send me one today, will I be able to try again tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Danf View Post
    Well this is weird

I signed into my Sprint account online, first thing I noticed is this months bill due at the end of the month is less than it was. and it is less by the same amount of my purchase of the Extended battery bundle.

Checking into it it appears they deducted the shipping and tax on the extended battery bundle from my bill.

Anyone else see this on their bill?

I am wondering if it is because I just purchased my GNex earlier this month.
    I noticed that just now... My current amount due is $12.95 less than it had been earlier. I just got the phone Monday, so maybe your assessment is correct...

My account shows the same.
    It will show as a credit until the transaction is processed on Monday, then disappear.

Mav.

Sent with Apple's permission on my Galaxy Nexus.
    Last edited by VW Maverick; 08-19-2012 at 06:38 PM.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

This is great - got mine on the first attempt. Rep knew exactly what I was talking about. $14.22 total.

Got my free battery! Thank you sprint. My bill was delinquent so I had to pay the past due amount. Lol but the sprint rep was awesome and waived the shipping for me! So completely free extended battery yeaaaaa!

My GNex is deactivated while I test my S3, got a conf number and charge on my credit card, it have yet to get a confirmatory email. I ordered at 8:30 am today. Do you think Sprint will cancel my order?
    Sprint Galaxy S4 - White - Android 4.4.2
    Sprint Galaxy S3 - White - Android 4.4.2 (backup)
    Sprint Motorola Moto X - Android 4.4.2 (second backup)
    Google Nexus 7 2013 - Android 4.4.2
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 - Android 4.4.2
    Asus TF700T - CROMbi-KK - Latest ROM
    Samsung Gear 2 Neo
    Samsung Gear (backup)

So after multiple attempts I gave up, but a lady just called me saying she had the wrong information and I got my battery for free!

Just ordered mine and the wife's. $12.94 total

Telesales won't give me one due to a balance they JUST charged us a few days ago. Gonna try online.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I also could not get the site to let me check out online, but a quick call to *2 and I am in business.

ROM
    Stock

1st attempt over the phone, no luck - said i need to buy the phone at the same time.

Attempting again.
    To Each His Own

LG G2 D800 Unlocked (AT&T)
    Rooted Android 4.2.2

HTC One 32GB Black (AT&T)
    - Full RUU Converted to Google Edition - [OTA's Work]
    - Android 4.3 Rooted - Unlocked -

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalSammich View Post
    1st attempt over the phone, no luck - said i need to buy the phone at the same time.

Attempting again.

Success Order by phone 1-866-866-7509 - Telesales - Option for 'other', then options for Phone/Accessory purchase.

Simply said i wanted to take advantage of battery bundle online for my Galaxy Nexus, they did the rest. Cost me $14.04, which is shipping + Tax.

Work through your frustration if you don't succeed the first time, NOT REPS FAULT, the items clearly states you have to BUY PHONE at the time of battery purchase, so we are technically circumventing the system to our advantage here.

No excuses "i would have waited for the promo" that's BS, this phone came out months ago, we don't sit around waiting for accessories to go on sale to buy a phone, so don't give the reps any if they don't cooperate the first time around. Just sayin.

Enjoy!
    To Each His Own

Rooted Android 4.2.2

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You can try this out to get free shipping (5-9 days)

* Go to Sprint | Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program
    * Enter Russ McGuire's information (russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com / 383 - from his blog)
    * Navigate to accessories and add the battery pack
    * Enter promo code BATTERY1
    * Check out (at this point, it may ask you for zipcode, and if it does, enter it - and then, instead of selecting a phone, navigate to accessories and re-add the battery pack (and enter the promo code BATTERY1)
    * Check out - total should be free, and shipping should be free too. You will need to enter a credit card though. (also will need to re-enter the employee information - above)

Will it get processed or canceled? I don't know. I tried it and got a confirmation Email. Hopefully it will ship. If not, hopefully I will get the one I ordered from telesales yesterday.

Had to pay my couple day past due balance (OOPS! I always forget when it's due). Website kept redirecting me to the "buy a phone" page, but the "info center" said that I qualified for the battery, following the link that was there. Tried to add a phone than remove it. Gave up and called *2. The rep "had heard of it" but didn't know any details about it, than asked when I got my nexus, which was within the past 2 weeks. Tax + Shipping, will be here Thursday.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...

Success Order by phone 1-866-866-7509 - Telesales - Option for 'other', then options for Phone/Accessory purchase.

Simply said i wanted to take advantage of battery bundle online for my Galaxy Nexus, they did the rest. Cost me $14.04, which is shipping + Tax.

Work through your frustration if you don't succeed the first time, NOT REPS FAULT, the items clearly states you have to BUY PHONE at the time of battery purchase, so we are technically circumventing the system to our advantage here.

No excuses "i would have waited for the promo" that's BS, this phone came out months ago, we don't sit around waiting for accessories to go on sale to buy a phone, so don't give the reps any if they don't cooperate the first time around. Just sayin.

Enjoy!
    Yes, it's true that the info posted on the website on the day of the promo said that the free battery came with the purchase of the phone. But, the internal Sprint memo that was leaked earlier in the week specifically stated that the promo was for new and existing customers and that no purchase was necessary. (If you Google it several of the Android blogs (but not AC?) have the memo posted.)

Now I completely understand that leaked internal memos are rumor and not official promotions, but I don't think Sprint can blame anyone for being confused, and I bet that's why telesales decided to honor the promotion for existing customers. I'm not taking advantage of the situation. I didn't call up and lie to the sales rep. I just called to ask for something that the best info I have says that I should be able to get.

Edit: Sorry for the rant. After I posted it, I reread it and it sounded like I was trying to argue or was angry. That's not the case. I was just responding to something you said that I disagreed with. I do appreciate you posting info/instructions for everyone to help out, and I apologize in advance if my rant offended.
    Last edited by jean15paul; 08-20-2012 at 09:53 AM. Reason: because I don't mean to argue

Quote Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
    Yes, it's true that the info posted on the website on the day of the promo said that the free battery came with the purchase of the phone. But, the internal Sprint memo that was leaked earlier in the week specifically stated that the promo was for new and existing customers and that no purchase was necessary. (If you Google it several of the Android blogs (but not AC?) have the memo posted.)

Now I completely understand that leaked internal memos are rumor and not official promotions, but I don't think Sprint can blame anyone for being confused, and I bet that's why telesales decided to honor the promotion for existing customers. I'm not taking advantage of the situation. I didn't call up and lie to the sales rep. I just called to ask for something that the best info I have says that I should be able to get.

Sorry for the rant.
    The confusion came in when a number of us logged into our Sprint accounts (What? Some of us do log in for more than just to pay our bills), to see a message in the "info center" that said we qualify for a free extended nexus battery, click here, enter this promo code", and then being redirected to purchase ANOTHER nexus... The message didn't say, purchase a Nexus, get an extended battery free. So I called instead to see if they can apply it. And they did.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
    Thanked by:
    TnA206 

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
    You can try this out to get free shipping (5-9 days)

* Go to Sprint | Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program
    * Enter Russ McGuire's information (russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com / 383 - from his blog)
    * Navigate to accessories and add the battery pack
    * Enter promo code BATTERY1
    * Check out (at this point, it may ask you for zipcode, and if it does, enter it - and then, instead of selecting a phone, navigate to accessories and re-add the battery pack (and enter the promo code BATTERY1)
    * Check out - total should be free, and shipping should be free too. You will need to enter a credit card though. (also will need to re-enter the employee information - above)

Will it get processed or canceled? I don't know. I tried it and got a confirmation Email. Hopefully it will ship. If not, hopefully I will get the one I ordered from telesales yesterday.
    +1 for this going as described. Free battery #2 just ordered via this method.

RUSS is going to be screwed....
    To Each His Own

Rooted Android 4.2.2

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB // CM10 JB

No excuses "i would have waited for the promo" that's BS, this phone came out months ago, we don't sit around waiting for accessories to go on sale to buy a phone, )
    Maybe you don't, but not everyone bought the phone when it came out months ago. I bought it last week and would have gladly waited. My advice to say "I would have waited" was directed to anyone who might be in a similar situation and having trouble getting the sales rep to give it to them. Since, the rep can see when you bought the phone, it would be idiotic to use that line if you had a six month old phone
    Last edited by julesR; 08-20-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast