How To Manually Install Android 4.2.1 update.zip Using ADB Sideload

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been experiencing any problems? Like random reboots, system freezes, wake lock issues...etc. Have had all those so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Joescan09

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Been running this since yesterday afternoon and it's flawless. Only problem I had was with an app that just don't work on 4.2, as I know because it doesn't work on my Nexus 10 either.

bigcuce

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi tommyjoesanders,
I am stuck with the FC12 Radio, and I see you have helped a few other users here. Do you think you can point me in the right direction too? I have some basic knowledge of flashing, and tried to go back to stock using the Gnex toolkit, but I still get the same Radios. when I try to apply the update (OTA or forced) it fails because of the radios.

Help me obiwan kenobi, you are my only hope .... out of 4.1.1 lol

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi tommyjoesanders,
I am stuck with the FC12 Radio, and I see you have helped a few other users here. Do you think you can point me in the right direction too? I have some basic knowledge of flashing, and tried to go back to stock using the Gnex toolkit, but I still get the same Radios. when I try to apply the update (OTA or forced) it fails because of the radios.

Yes , your going to have problems until you flash the FH05 radios . thats why the update.zip will not accept . I would use ODIN too flash the GA02. this tool will flash the firmware and radios for it. If you will give a few mins I will send you private pm on how too do this.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi tommyjoesanders,

Got you covered. check your pm . I gave you what you needed

heresy_fnord

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
There should be another update coming mid march with 4.2.2

Cool. I'm just thrilled to get updates in general. As long as I'm on Android, I will never again buy a retail phone. Either updates take like 2 years to show up (htc thunderbolt anyone?) or they never happen at all, even though the phone is hardware capable.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Cool. I'm just thrilled to get updates in general. As long as I'm on Android, I will never again buy a retail phone. Either updates take like 2 years to show up (htc thunderbolt anyone?) or they never happen at all, even though the phone is hardware capable.

waiting too see if android 5.0 this summer going too be a android blockbuster

kwilliams1906

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just finished returning my GNex to stock using WFresh and the OTA for 4.2 starts downloading. However, once finished and tries to install, a android with a orange triangle appears and I have to pull the battery to get it to start again. I've done this twice now. Anyone with a clue why this is happening? Thanks.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Just finished returning my GNex to stock using WFresh and the OTA for 4.2 starts downloading. However, once finished and tries to install, a android with a orange triangle appears and I have to pull the battery to get it to start again. I've done this twice now. Anyone with a clue why this is happening? Thanks.

Not sure why check your PM I have something for you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa