Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Nothing Premium About my Data on the Note 2

All I can say is if you don't like the charge then switch companies. All this complaining is not going to change it. The fact is that this charge was put in place due to increase on smartphone use. Even with this charge sprint is still the lowest when it comes to data charge not comparing it with tmobile. If you want unlimited data for around the same price then get tmo otherwise you have no other choices except for prepaid options.
    The fact is that this charge was just named incorrectly by sprint. If they would have called this "data addon" this thread probably would have never been formed. Whatever you say complaining about it is whining. Once sprint switches to tiered data I'm sure we'll have complaints again.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Just a quick question do you get unlimited lte data if you have the unlimited plan? Or is it limited.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Totally unlimited,, I stream all day 5 days a week. I use like 3 a week. I use wifi when I get home from work so I can imagine what I use a day lol.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

This is what I racked up in lte and LEAGAL tethering before this month is out Lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,429 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    This is what I racked up in lte and LEAGAL tethering before this month is out Lol.

TubeMATE? Lol tf is that? Sounds like you're on that NSFW crap.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Lol its YouTube but u can download videos as well as upload them.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    TubeMATE? Lol tf is that? Sounds like you're on that NSFW crap.

Wtf is NSFW HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Wtf is NSFW HAHA

Not safe for work.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Quote Originally Posted by born2ride41 View Post
    I agree it is there fault. No matter what you say it was and is a premium data charge and all I am saying there is nothing premium about there data roght now. I am not whining just stating a fact.

Respectfully your the Greatest Phone on Earth
    As others said then change. If you go to ATT or Verizon you will be charged some way for Smartphone data but it just won't be called "premium data". You will also pay the more you use it unless you go the prepaid way with T mobile.

Don't emphasize on the word "premium" to much. They basically are just saying your phone can use their data services a lot more then a dumb phone can.. So they can tack on the 10 bucks for it. It does suck to have slow speeds but they are working on fixing it.. It just can't happen over night. As others have shown who have the upgrades and LTE it's wonderful.. Just takes time. I've been waiting a few months for LTE to be in my area.. It's in Jacksonville but not where I usually am. Just got to wait.

Clear handled the WiMAX rollout and they stopped the WiMAX rollout before they was finished because they didn't have enough spectrum for the LTE network until they gave up on the old Nextel network and even then, LTE wasn't even a thought in any carriers mind. They started rolling out LTE on the old Nextel spectrum.

You can't blame Sprint. If anyone's to blame, it is Clear's fault. You can not blame Sprint for misinformation from a store rep. You should've did research before you gotten the phone.

I did do my research. It wasn't just a store rep who said, "Wimax was coming" and that's why you're paying $10.

This is FROM SPRINT'S PRESS RELEASE:
    "According to Sprint, it will be the first mobile product capable of watching YouTube videos in "high quality." The EVO 4G will require a $70/mo Everything Unlimited plan. WiMax 4G access will incur an additional $10 per month, and is mandatory for certain 4G devices. Customers can also choose to make the EVO 4G hotspot capable for up to eight devices for an additional $30 per month. It will be available on June 4 for $199."

I'm not sure why you're so set on defending Sprint here. Are their plans the cheapest? Yes, partly because I'm on SERO Premium. Can I stream Pandora or a Youtube video without buffering? No, not unless I'm on Wifi. If we're going to argue that people should leave instead of complaining, maybe Sprint shouldn't have commercials like their new Iphone5 one talking about how data should be unlimited, streaming music, uploading picture everywhere, etc. They might as well add the caveat that WIFI is a must if you want to do those things.

How many clueless people have they suckered into signing two year contracts with those commercials? I knew what I was getting into by signing my contract with them, and I remain with them because once LTE is rolled out, I want to be grandfathered in (This was my thought with WIMAX as well). However, to absolve them of any blame is where we're going to have to agree to disagree. They made a strategic error relying on wimax, and to say, "Well Clear didn't roll it out properly" is short sighted.

Global Posts
    1,429 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by seoulbrova View Post
    I did do my research. It wasn't just a store rep who said, "Wimax was coming" and that's why you're paying $10.

This is FROM SPRINT'S PRESS RELEASE:
    "According to Sprint, it will be the first mobile product capable of watching YouTube videos in "high quality." The EVO 4G will require a $70/mo Everything Unlimited plan. WiMax 4G access will incur an additional $10 per month, and is mandatory for certain 4G devices. Customers can also choose to make the EVO 4G hotspot capable for up to eight devices for an additional $30 per month. It will be available on June 4 for $199."
    Again you're still talking about the $10. It's required of EVERY SMART PHONE. Even when I had my Sprint Optimus S and Palm Pixi I had to pay it, and those are 3G phones. I've had Sprint since the basic 2-function (lol) Nokia phones. I look at my bill every month. The charge has been here even before WiMAX.

zmann likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Not safe for work.

Lol well im safe for work bro lol

Again you're still talking about the $10. It's required of EVERY SMART PHONE. Even when I had my Sprint Optimus S and Palm Pixi I had to pay it, and those are 3G phones. I've had Sprint since the basic 2-function (lol) Nokia phones. I look at my bill every month. The charge has been here even before WiMAX.

Maybe it was different for regular plans then...because I've always been on SERO and never had that $10 fee. In fact, when I went to the EVO 4G, my wife refused and kept her Palm Pre which did NOT have the $10 charge. When it came time for her to upgrade, she took the LG Optimus because even though it was considered a "smart phone" and could do everything the EVO was capable of, it did NOT have the $10 fee since it wasn't WIMAX capable.

Global Posts
    1,429 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Maybe it was different for regular plans then...because I've always been on SERO and never had that $10 fee. In fact, when I went to the EVO 4G, my wife refused and kept her Palm Pre which did NOT have the $10 charge. When it came time for her to upgrade, she took the LG Optimus because even though it was considered a "smart phone" and could do everything the EVO was capable of, it did NOT have the $10 fee since it wasn't WIMAX capable.
    Yeah SERO might be different but standard plans always had the all smartphone charge. You can't blame Sprint for that either. If you join a regular plan, they will tell you the same I told you

Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

The $10 charge was originally for 4g access but then they changed it to any smartphone... do you want to incur a limit on our gbs used per month?
    You can't use that old press release because there was another a year later stating it was for all.

In Baltimore md, get lte almost everywhere(20+mbps dl). Even 3g isn't bad at almost 3mbps.

Places in and around Jacksonville fl have also lit up recently... I travel between Baltimore and st marys ga frequently, and it's lit up in that small town in se ga.

Amy other questions I didn't get to?
    Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
    Last edited by tirith; 02-14-2013 at 09:19 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

And y'all saw my speeds. I get that mostly everywhere in Chicago now.

Sero won't require the extra $10 if you use Palm pre or optimus your right but most people get the nicer phones now and are required to pay it. But in the end the most a sero account will pay is $50 before tax. I just checked and for Verizon a 500 minute plan with no texting is $40. Then add $30 for data. That's already $70 without texting and only 2gb of data for those that aren't grandfathered. After adding unlimited texting it's about $90 before tax. Yes, it's only a little more compared to the 79.99 from sprint but don't forget with sprint it's unlimited and mobile to mobile. In the end it's your choice.

DIPNINANOUT likes this.

When I called sprint to about yhisbback in july 2012. They explained 10 premium dat is not only for 4G but for smartphones which to me leads me to believe its for 4G. They also told me its because with it your able to have unlimited data.

Sent from a android better than yours lol

Problem 2ith that your limit3d to 2gb of net surfing then I think it goes to 3g only. Thats what I was told act mobile

Quote Originally Posted by DIPNINANOUT View Post
    Problem 2ith that your limit3d to 2gb of net surfing then I think it goes to 3g only. Thats what I was told act mobile

?? There is no limit or throttle on Sprint.

If there was I would be screwed. No limit.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.

There's no limit or throttle but when I did a speed test yesterday on 3G, I got 0.22Mbps down and 0.69Mbps Up.

What's there to throttle or limit when data speeds like that are useless? I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune when LTE actually rolls out, but those are some pathetic speeds. Plus it isn't like I'm in the middle of Wyoming or something, it was a speed test done in Los Angeles!
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Nv is already starting in LA

There's no limit or throttle but when I did a speed test yesterday on 3G, I got 0.22Mbps down and 0.69Mbps Up.

What's there to throttle or limit when data speeds like that are useless? I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune when LTE actually rolls out, but those are some pathetic speeds. Plus it isn't like I'm in the middle of Wyoming or something, it was a speed test done in Los Angeles!
    Regardless it's unlimited. The guy before my post was saying something about a limit.

And yes you will be.. When going 20Mbit with unlimited I doubt most will be so angry.

Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

How many Sprint + mvno customers are using those towers in la? That's why it's bogged down.

Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post
    How many Sprint + mvno customers are using those towers in la? That's why it's bogged down.

The reason is all thr mvnos but it's also sprint not anticipating this many smartphone users and so many iPhone users. Same thing happened to att. But I've heard things are getting faster. Just not in my town. Only thing that's keeping me on sprint is low price and promise of lte within couple months. If by end of year speeds are still bad I will be switching to tmo. Just found out I get discount with them too and in my town their hsdpa+ is running at around 4mbps on bad day and around 10on a good day. That's all without lte. So sprint better get their stuff together soon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast