The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I was ready to buy my touch today but my local sprint store never got their shipment of phones.... I could of get it from the corporate store down the street but i refuse to shop there becuase of there CRAPPY customer service.

lol you must not really want this phone or really dislike that corp store lol . I would have dealt with them just because i wanted this phone. hopefully your store gets them soon ...

klla504-

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
me 2 im very disapointed and to top things off my cell phone bill was due on 9/13 with virgin mobile and i was waiting for this phone to come out so i activate this and not waste money on another month on my optimus v but now i got wait till tuesday is buggin the crap outta me but for 89.99 i cant complain too much

dancandy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Picked up mine yesterday from the Best Buy in New York city, 44th and 5th Avenue.

First to get it. There was a Samsung Mobile rep at the store that snapped a picture of me with the box. I've been watching Facebook to see if it surfaces.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm very, very pleased. 24 hours and I have no regrets. This phone is so light, so thin. In the Sprint store they pulled one out and I thought it was one of the dummy units they had on display. She couldn't sell it to me because it was the demo, so I ended up going to Best Buy.

I don't know what the next Nexus is going to be like, but if it's anything as sharp as this phone, I see why Apple is pulling out the patent war chest to stop these guys. This phone is amazing ...

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen any major retailer with NFC checkout, so I'm not one bit worried about that tec yet. May be NFC will take off in a few years. Besides NFC does NOT give you miles/points for anything. Nothing like whipping out that plastic :D
We haven't seen any major retailers with NFC because those of us who are security conscious don't want to carry a plastic card with an NFC chip in that can't be turned off. This technology in a phone can be password protected 3 different ways. Google Wallet is due to be released before the end of the month with major retailers on board from the start. Knowing Google, I doubt it will take a few years to catch on. Since it can be linked to any bank card, I can see no reason you wouldn't still get your points and discounts. Keep in mind the most common way a person's credit card info is stolen is by handing it to a waiter or waitress who disappears with it for 5 minutes.

Here's a great source for all things NFC.

Google Wallet launching next week, new merchants to join [Exclusive] NFC (near field communications) news blog

Reactions: rbasanez

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Traded in my evo 3d as a new sprint customer, contract signed 9/7 to get in under the old $200 early termination fee. Beautiful phone, but touchwizz not as nice as HTC sense. I'm a refuge from the WebOS since HP dropped the ball. Been using a pre+ for about 1.5 years. Don't like the screen protectors and nobody had a decent leather case, so I got the small galaxy tab case to use until they get in some accessories at the store. evo 3d my first android, so I'm just getting going.

Install a launcher like ADW or Launcher Pro and you'll never even know Touch Wiz is on your phone. It'll still be there, but you'll use the custom Launcher's settings to tweak the interface.

jpsheridan

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I got mine last night. I got the very last one they had in the store.. Took calling to several Sprint & Best Buy stores to find it. Took my extra 2 HTC Zero's (Hero's lol) and my Evo down with me. I have a 2nd line so I traded in both of my Hero's for an Extra $88 in Best Buy gift cards and then transferred my Evo to the 2nd line. Not a bad deal!!! Still getting used to the phone but so far.. I'm really liking the change..

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Got mine today at Sam's Club. They got them before the local Sprint Corp. store did!:eek: This thing is fast! Lots to learn all over again! :confused:

jpsheridan

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If you call Sprint on the 16th.. You might be able to get them to let you upgrade Earlier.. My other phone was eligible to upgrade until Oct 1st as well.. But when I spoke to them on Friday they said that on Sunday I would be able to. All you have to do is ask and see what they can do.. I did it when I had the damn Hero. I got off the phone and go my EVO.. Which my other number is currently using.. So try that.. GOOD LUCK!!!

thegordo

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi, all. I just retired my day-one Palm Pre and purchased my day-one Epic 4G Touch on Friday. I'm actually quite impressed with everything, including Android. While I dearly love webOS, I'm now not sure what all the fuss was about. This phone rocks quite handily.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to see how long I can go without charging the Epic 4G Touch. I am at 19 h 24 m!

I have 42% power remaining. I am not going to put it on the charger tonight either!

The best I ever got with the EVO 4G was 12 hours.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to see how long I can go without charging the Epic 4G Touch. I am at 19 h 24 m!

I have 42% power remaining. I am not going to put it on the charger tonight either!

The best I ever got with the EVO 4G was 12 hours.

19+ hours? Are you using the phone at all or is it just sitting there? Mine lasted about 11 hours today, which still isn't bad, but I don't how I can get this puppy remotely close to 19+ hours. I have WiFi and Bluetooth set to on all the time, but that's it...Oh, and only 3G here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress